Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't exercise including in weekly summary?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

In both the dashboard and the weekly email?

I spend hours each week doing weight training, and the only way to see a total time is to add it up manually, day by day. The same thing for interval training. Or any other exercise, for that matter. Steps and floors aren't the only things that matter to your users.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@BobM2, I am not sure how a weekly progress report would do that - it would have to make an entry for each type of exercise with the totals or averages for that exercise, and then repeat for the next type of exercise.  It does show days exercised, active minutes, distance, steps, etc., which seems to give me a good overview of my activity. But then, I already knew before reading the Weekly Progress Report how much time I spent doing exercise.

Best Answer
0 Votes

"it would have to make an entry for each type of exercise with the totals or averages for that exercise, and then repeat for the next type of exercise."

And?  What's so hard about that?  It shows total steps, total floors, total minutes of activity now. It would be no more difficult to show total minutes of weights, total minutes of elliptical, total minutes running, etc. As it is, the summary is incomplete, and therefore inaccurate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you check the Feature Suggestion board, there was a proposal to add filters to allow different types of exercise to be grouped for analysis. Voting for it there is the best way to convince Fitbit that we want that functionality.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, anyone who's spent any time in the suggestion board knows that it's about as useful as the thermostat on the wall of an office building. It gives you the illusion you have some control, but isn't actually connected to anything. Fitbit's suggestion board gives you the illusion we have some input, but no one from Fitbit actually bothers to read it.

@WavyDavey wrote:

If you check the Feature Suggestion board, there was a proposal to add filters to allow different types of exercise to be grouped for analysis. Voting for it there is the best way to convince Fitbit that we want that functionality.

Best Answer
0 Votes