Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to sync at Fitbit.com, bypass App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm concerned about Bluetooth security problems and want to sync at Fitbit.com. Why won't my tracker sync at the website? Even if I keep the Fitbit App, my HP laptop has had consistently poor connectivity with my tracker anyway. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I'm concerned about Bluetooth security problems and want to sync at Fitbit.com. Why won't my tracker sync at the website? Even if I keep the Fitbit App, my HP laptop has had consistently poor connectivity with my tracker anyway. Thanks.

Hi @SunsetRunner,

When you sync, it is with the fitbit.com servers, where the data is stored.

If you're wanting to sync through the web dashboard without using the app, that's not currently possible. Doing that would present it's own security issues (letting a web site directly access the tracker).

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Hi @SunsetRunner,

When you sync, it is with the fitbit.com servers, where the data is stored.

If you're wanting to sync through the web dashboard without using the app, that's not currently possible. Doing that would present it's own security issues (letting a web site directly access the tracker).

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another thought...

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Even if I keep the Fitbit App, my HP laptop has had consistently poor connectivity with my tracker anyway. Thanks.

I don't know about everyone else, but when I think "Fitbit app" I am thinking about the app on my phone. When I think about a Fitbit application on a laptop, whether Windows or Mac OS, I am thinking about Fitbit Connect. They are two completely different animals. 

My first tracker was a Fitbit Zip that I received as a Christmas present in 2014. At that time the only way to sync it was through a dongle attached to my notebook. There was no phone app, or at least I don't remember one at the time.

I do not know when the Fitbit app on the phone began to provide the link to the Fitbit servers in lieu  of Fitbit Connect, but that is the only method I have used since.

I stopped wearing the Zip about a year ago, but recently picked up the Alta HR. It syncs via my phone to the Fitbit server. It is virtually seamless - within seconds of my posting a meal on the phone app it is reflected on the Web Dashboard and Log.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes