Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing name on account settings

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi i cant see how to change my name for my account setting. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Debbie1812, tap on your profile image on the top right hand corner, then select Profile->Go to Fitbit.com Profile->View Account Settings->Personal Info.  There you can change your account info.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Debbie1812, tap on your profile image on the top right hand corner, then select Profile->Go to Fitbit.com Profile->View Account Settings->Personal Info.  There you can change your account info.

Best Answer

But, you can only change it once every 60 days.  Even if you bumped something and it changed without you knowing until you hit submit, and you called support within seconds of this happening... you will be stuck with that "name" for the next 60 days.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

Also, for less steps simply click the settings wheel next to your pic, and then "settings" in the drop menu and its right there on that screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder why they limit this change?? It just happened to me. I'm new to Fitbit and just signed up and my name is all messed up and I don't want to share with anyone yet until that's fixed. Now I have to wait 2 entire months? 

Best Answer

Totally dumb isn’t it? Like we are guarding state secrets or something 😳

Best Answer

does not work...gives error message with no explanation

Best Answer

I just called and they are "escalating the case". I should get an email tomorrow to let me know I'll be able to update my profile. They wanted me to wait 45 days because I just changed it. But I didn't. And if I did, I certainly wouldn't have changed it to what it is now. And ya, why do we have to wait so long to make a change? It's my account after all. 

Best Answer

Hi, 

I've had the same issue. My name has recently changed to my full name, which I never authorised and I tried to change it in the app and online back to what it was but it delivers an error and I cannot change it. 

Is there any way to contact Fitbit other than on this forum?

Thank you. 

Best Answer