Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing weight goal

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I decided to change my weight goal and saw that it changed my start date to today.  No way to change that date and no way to reset back to the first goal.  So now on my dashboard it looks like I haven't lost anything and it won't ever correctly reflect my total weight loss.  It would have been nice to have at least gotten a message that it would reset my start date, or give me a way to manually change my start date back to where it actually should be.

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Janeannl. I am sorry for the delayed response.

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your feedback on changing the weight goal. Thank you for providing the additional details. Our team is always working on improving our devices and user experiences, and your comments are always welcome. Have you tried to manually change the start date by doing the following:

1. From the Today tab

, and tap your profile picture. 
  2. Find the Goals section, and tap the goal you want to view or adjust. 
  3. Tap on start date to change it.

You can find more information about goals in this help article: How do I track my health and fitness goals with the Fitbit app?

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
I found where you’re talking about, tapped on the date and was able to use
the dials to manually set my start date, but there was no button to tap to
say done or set or something that would tell the program to take the
changed date. I’m not finding the corresponding place on the desktop
version to try it there.
Best Answer

Hi @Janeannl, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. Please let me know the model of your phone for me to investigate further. 

Regarding the option for the online dashboard, when you click "Log" on the top of your dashboard and then Weight, and then select "All", do you see your total weight loss in the upper right corner? 

Looking forward to your response.  

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I eventually figured out how to get it done. I’m not sure it was the way it
was supposed to be, but it worked. (Once I changed the date, then I just
touched in the starting wright field to change that. That was enough for my
starting date change to “take”.)
Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @Janeannl. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I am glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Thank you for sharing the steps you've done. I appreciate your time and efforts and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience.  

Have you checked our Discussions board? There you can share your story, find some fitness tips, recipes and more! Give it a look!

Keep on visiting the forums! Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. i can use the dial to change the date but it doesnt "save". it goes back to whatever date i created. i have an iphone XR and just updated my app.

Best Answer
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive been trying to reset my start date too and todays date just keeps resetting. It's very annoying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been awhile since I figured mine out, but looking back at my last post, try changing the date, then tap in the weight field. I think that’s what it took for my date change to “take”.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks! In the end I just downloaded the app on my kid’s amazon fire tablet and was able to change it there. It had been driving me crazy🤪. Hopefully they fix the glitch on the iPhones soon.

Appreciate the tip!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

In Android:

Click on top left profile pic

Click on Activity & Wellness

Click on Nutrition & Weight 

You can change the start date there

(this worked for me in September 2022)

Best Answer
0 Votes