Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stride length not calculating accurate distance running

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I have been using fitbit charge 4 for the last 2 months and I have noticed that the distance shown on the fitbit app after tracking my runs on my watch is always more than the one strava shows. After looking into it, I found out that fitbit calculates distance using the stride length rather than the gps connection, meaning that I always get an inaccurate representation of my distance as I am running. Is there a way to change distance measuring from stride length to gps? I have been using the watch for a lot of runs and have the gps connection on at all of them. The set automatically is also on for stride length. This is very frustrating as I would like to know the correct distance I am running and not an estimation made by fitbit data.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Have you configured your tracker device settings in the web dashboard to use GPS for the RUN activity, and selected the GPS type for runs in your tracker activity settings? I would suggest dynamic or connected GPS, since you take your phone with you. Also, you have to manually start a run activity on the tracker to use the configured GPS settings. When you go to start a run from your Charge 4, wait until you see the GPS connected before hitting start the final time.

See: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1874.htm

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer
0 Votes