Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 2 Connected GPS

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello

how can i see my walks on my ap using the gps to see how far I have walked... someone said for cycling and running you have to switch it on but I don't know how and will not be running so just need simple way of seeing what and where I walk please.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@frenccci, you can only have 7 exercises.  Remove one of those that you don't do, such as Weights, and then use the Add option to add Walk. If Walking is your primary exercise, drag it to the top of the list so it shows first on the tracker. After you make those changes, sync you tracker to force the changes down to the tracker.  Then, on the Charge 2 when you go to exercise mode you will see Walk and you can start & stop it by Pressing & Holding the side button. After the exercise, and the tracker is synced, you will see walking exercise and the map in the Recent Exercise tile of the Dashboard or the Track Exercise tile of the app.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

@frenccci, in the Fitbit app Device settings, Exercise Shortcuts, ensure that you have Walk included and that it says "Connected GPS" below it.  Then, when you select Walk for the Exercise Mode it will use the phone's connected GPS to map the walk.

Exercises.jpg

Best Answer

Morning Larry... this is what I have on mine with no option to add walking 😞

getScreenshot_20170221-070718.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to this but I have discovered that if you select one of the options that you don't want to use - for instance Weights and swipe it left it leaves and then you get a plus sign in the top right.  Hit that and it gives you other options including Walk to add.  What I still don't get is where is the walk displayed ie like MapMyWalk?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@frenccci, you can only have 7 exercises.  Remove one of those that you don't do, such as Weights, and then use the Add option to add Walk. If Walking is your primary exercise, drag it to the top of the list so it shows first on the tracker. After you make those changes, sync you tracker to force the changes down to the tracker.  Then, on the Charge 2 when you go to exercise mode you will see Walk and you can start & stop it by Pressing & Holding the side button. After the exercise, and the tracker is synced, you will see walking exercise and the map in the Recent Exercise tile of the Dashboard or the Track Exercise tile of the app.

Best Answer

HI - fabbie, thank you

I have given that a go and it looks ok.  It is a pity that it just doesn't track automatically.  I walked over 3miles this evening but of course because I didn't click on the button on the tracker it didn't record it, never mind, tomorrow is another day .

thank you so much for your help

Best Answer
0 Votes

THANK YOU!!! I don't recall someone saying that if you delete an exercise, there are more options for exercise to add once one of the 7 have been deleted (I thought I was seeing all there was)! You probably just worded it the right way that I understood! I didn't understand why I had no add button in the top right corner (and I thought I was tech savy)! 

My GPS for walk wasn't enabled and now it is. Yay! 

Best Answer
0 Votes