Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is syncing too many steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning when I woke up, my Fitbit (Charge 3) / app / dashboard showed 41k+ steps.  In the app / dashboard, it shows these 41k steps entered between 2:05 - 2:15am.  It shows a very high amount of calories burned, but no mileage.

I searched the forums, and similar problems and answers suggesting to enter a "Driving" log for the same time.  The answer references this fitbit.com page:
How do I add, edit, or delete Fitbit data and activities?

Unfortunately, the instructions seem outdated and/or not to work.  When manually entering an activity, I cannot select "Driving" as an activity (pre-defined), I can only type in the word Driving.  I did so, but the step count was not reduced/removed like the article says.

What is the current way to eliminate this false entry?  It's affecting my daily / weekly stats, will give me false information & badges, etc.  

Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I have resolved this.

The instructions at the linked page aren't very clear about how to select driving as the activity, but after looking at this again I was able to figure out how to log it as driving.  

Still would love to know why fitbit registered 40,000 steps at 2:09am...

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me last night.

Best Answer

Hi @ToThePain and @ArguedRigor. Welcome to the Community.

Thanks to both of you for bringing this to our attention. Also, @ToThePain thanks for the steps tried prior to posting. I understand how important this data is for your and I'm sorry for this inconvenience.

Just to double check, do you recall to have set up MobileTrack on the Fitbit app before? Let me explain that this feature allows you to record basic stats such as steps using your phone's sensors. However, if there was a fan or something was vibrating nearby, that might have caused your phone to record steps incorrectly.

Assuming this is your case, please remove that feature with the following steps:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap MobileTrack:
    For iOS devices, scroll down and tap the option to remove the device.
    For Android devices,
     tap the trash icon at the upper right corner.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove it from your account.
  4. Continue using your Fitbit device as you normally do and monitor its behavior.

Hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes