Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driving shouldn't count towards activities

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Following Fitbit's advice of logging driving time when the tracker counts floors or steps that didn't occur, I have discovered a new problem. Why does Fitbit consider this as exercise? I haven't exercised yet but I have driven 3 times for a total of 48 minutes. To delete the steps that did not actually occur (think crappy winter roads with lots of bumps), I logged the driving time. Now the app things I exercise for 48 minutes today and it counts towards my exercise goals for the week. How do I fix this?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@SunsetRunner It's nice to see you on the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate your feedback and comments about driving activity counting towards your exercises' week. In this case, the best thing would be posting in our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. You could vote and comment on them to show your support. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

This particular issue HAS been put on the suggestion board, how many years later??? STILL not dealt with, my fitbit cost over £200 what a waste of money, I'm switching to apple watch, have been with fitbit for over 10 years, had enough now of fitbit being money grabbers and not actually giving any care what so ever to an issue affecting most users, I do not want driving counted as exercise, it's ridiculous, come on fitbit!! 2022 sort it out or lose more people. Bye for good fitbit.

Best Answer

That can happen if you started an activity like a walk, run or  bike ride and did not finish it.   GPS may assume you are still doing the last activity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes