Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarify warranty info for water-resistant trackers

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the following help page it is noted that water damage is usually not covered under warranty: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1598/

I asked support and they said that for water-resistant trackers, if it stops working after swimming, it actually IS covered under warranty. I think the wording on the help article could be improved to reflect this.

It was suggested I post here by support staff: https://twitter.com/FitbitSupport/status/1203367700224827392

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@fliebel Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Sorry for the delayed reply. I appreciate the time you took to share your feedback regarding the wording that's on help articles. 

Each case is reviewed individually and the option provided by our Support team is always based on the Fitbit Warranty. Regarding the wording on the help article, it says: In most cases water damaged trackers aren't covered under warranty but it depends on the model. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hear what you are saying, that Each case is reviewed individually, but I think the wording could be improved to increase the confidence of customers in water-proof devices, rather than cause unnecessary concern.

I would suggest something like the following:

In most cases concerning trackers that are not waterproof, water damage isn't covered under warranty.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fliebel Thanks for getting back. 

Your voice is being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our team to enhance your Fitbit experience. 

Catch you later. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes