Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Activity Workouts to Equivalent steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does fit Bit ever plan on allowing us to convert activities to the equivalent of FitBit "Steps"? For example, a 10K row on a Concept 2 rower for me is about 48 minutes and burns ~580 calories, but only registers about 2300 steps on my FitBit One. If I walked a 10K(6.22 miles) it would be over 12,000 Steps. I assure you rowing 10K is way more activity than walking 2300 steps.

If this not in the works it should be a discussion brought to the table with 3rd party integrators.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I've never known fitbit to comment on their plans prior to announcing them so I doubt you'll get a definitive answer.

I did find a feature suggestion for this that you might like to vote for: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Rowing-and-conversion-to-equivalent-quot-steps-q...

Sometimes fitbit will comment on feature suggestions if the idea is being considered or not so it's worth keeping an eye on it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an exercise bike, did 100 mins at av 137 Bpm , 73 mins at peak, 10 mins cardio, 15 mins at fatburn for the 767 calories on the bike and was converted to just 2,496 steps.  It was really intense and for the time spent I thought that was a very low step equivalent

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agreed! I just got my first Fitbit watch and very disappointed by the lack of this conversion. I generally workout with weights every day and my steps look really miserable in comparison with with other members. 

Best Answer
0 Votes