Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing unavailable to me. Very disappointed.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit has taken away all my access to sync my tracker. I can't sync to my smartphone anymore because fitbit no longer supports Android versions less than 8.0. So, I was syncing on my computer, and now they have taken away that option also. I have a fitbit tracker that still works, but it has lost a lot of it's functionality since I can't sync it to my phone or to my fitbit.com dashboard any longer. I am extremely disappointed. I have to get a new smartphone to get the functionality of my fitbit tracker back. This is very bad customer service. Fitbit has some of the most expensive trackers and smartwatches, but this is terrible customer service. I may be shopping from a different company for my next tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @jellee  the change was made October 13, 2022. As for expensive trackers, see how many allow for challenges and have an active forum. I have real life friends who went with Apple and Garmin, but they returned to Fitbit as they missed the overall experience, especially the challenges.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 just to clarify, Garmin offers plenty of challenges categorized per type of activity (steps, walking, running, cycling, swimming, strength, even yoga etc.) and allows creating totally custom challenges with custom set of rules. It's actually a lot more advanced than what Fitbit offers. For example, if I'm not into steps I can do only cycling or swimming challenges and still get credit for that (so no need to convert cycling into steps etc.). Fitbit hasn't updated challenges and badges for a long time. It's hardly any kind of incentive. Anyway, the community and challenges won't solve @jellee problem which requires investing money to continue using tracker 🤷‍:male_sign:

Best Answer

Thanks @t.parker ! I'm going by what my former Garmin wearing friend told me, having no first hand knowledge myself.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@t.parker Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes