Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating and Using a Meal Demystified

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just walked through this process for someone, and thought it might prove useful to others. 

Starting on your food log, first be sure the Meals tab is highlighted on your favorites list, like this.

Create a Meal 1.PNG

Now, at the bottom of that list, there should be a choice for Create a Meal. Click on that. After you click it will look like this. Give your meal a name and click on Save. I've named my meal "Don's Breakfast Muffin," but the last few letters have scrolled off the screen. Don't worry, they're still there.

Create a Meal 2.PNG

After you click on save, you'll get a screen that looks like this one.

Create a Meal 3.PNG

Now add your items, one at a time, just as you would if logging food. You can pick from your Favorites, Most Logged or Recent lists, or search for a new item. After you've added all your items, your screen should look like this. Note the handy box that gives you the nutrition information for the combined items. (The "ultra thin slices" are Colby Jack cheese. Give it a try sometime.)

Create a Meal 4.PNG

Now click the "I'm done - Back to Food" button and check out your Favorite Meals list. There's your new meal on the list.

Create a Meal 5.PNG

Now, to use one of these meals, just use it like any other item, but the results may be a little different than you expect. First, add the meal to your food log. I'm going to add this to "Anytime" to make it easiest to understand.

Create a Meal 6.PNG

Now look at my "Anytime" section to see what happened.

Create a Meal 7.PNG

Instead of adding one line item for "Don's Breakfast Muffin" it's added all the separate items. This makes it easy to edit if you decided to skip the cheese or add a strip of bacon or make some other change this morning.

That's it, Creating and Using a Meal step-by-step.

Hope this helps!

SebringDon | Florida USA | Fitbit's Food Plan Demystified

Charge HR, Flex | Windows 10 | Android | iPad

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

BrumbyGal,

If you go to "feature requests", search for custom meals and portions and vote and comment there. this is what the developers look at. the more votes the more chance we have of making this happen 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you know if there is way to access meals on the app (on my iPhone). I only seem to be able to access meals on the website.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I loved the web version has incredible functionality. The problem is is that most of us do not own desktop computers. And even when we do, we have limited access to them. This is 2022. This is the age of apps. People have access to their smart phones 100% of the time. And specifically when you are logging food, water, etc., do you want to have easy access in order to be able to do that. Please enhance the functionality of the smart phone app to be more like that of the web version.

Best Answer