Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've noticed a couple of times my steps reducing after I sink. Today my Alta said I had 6.1 K steps but after I synced it only said 5.7 K. This doesn't make any sense to me and I'm hoping someone can explain it. Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @andelong,

I can think of three reasons why this may happen...

First, if you have two trackers paired to your account (if you added your phone as a tracker through MobileTrack, it counts), then one tracker may be nullifying the activity of another.

Second, you are travelling and switched time zones.  When this occurs, when the Fitbit syncs it sets the time, but there can be strangeness.  For instance, you travelled from Michigan at 4pm to Chicago and landed at 3:30pm.  Honestly, I'm not sure that makes sense when this happens.

Lastly, you depleted the battery on your tracker.  Say you depleted the battery on your tracker at 12pm yesterday.  You brought your Fitbit home and plugged it in at 10pm.  You strap it on in the morning at 7am and start your day.  The problem is that once it has power, your tracker will continue to track time right where it left off... so it'll be 10 hours behind.  So when it's 7am for you, it still thinks it's 9pm last night.  So if you got steps between 7am-8am today, it credited them at 9pm-10pm last night.  So if you've depleted the battery on your tracker, sync it before you wear it to make sure that the time is set appropriately.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer