Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Activity with 1 Cal creates 24 hour peiords with 2005 Cal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had a fitbit Charge 2 fail to recognise a new account and uploaded another persons data.  Given I have not generated any data, I zero'd it all out with a custom sleep activity burning 1 cal over 24 hours starting from midnight.  I added this for the 5 days of data they generated in May 2017.  When I reviewed the dashboard, everyday except those days with data from the old user had 2005 Cal.  Why did the dashboard generate a basal 2005 calorie level when I wanted 1 cal for every day?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @boot-it.

Let me explain what is going on.

Whenever an account is created, the Dashboard will automatically populate everyday with a BMR based on the information that was entered. Details like weight, height, age, and sex will determine a basal BMR that will be retroactively applied to every day in order for the Fitbit to properly estimate all of the other information it estimates at the beginning.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @boot-it.

Let me explain what is going on.

Whenever an account is created, the Dashboard will automatically populate everyday with a BMR based on the information that was entered. Details like weight, height, age, and sex will determine a basal BMR that will be retroactively applied to every day in order for the Fitbit to properly estimate all of the other information it estimates at the beginning.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes