Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard resting HR does not match Android phone app resting HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The dashboard presentation of resting heart rate is consistently 1 bpm higher than the android phone app.  I view the dashboard on a windows 10 computer and the android phone app is running on a Nexus 5x with Android 7.  Why are they not the same?  Obviously one of them is wrong.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@OldBob3301, this has been ongoing for some time - see this thread, for example:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-com-Dashboard/Resting-Heart-Rate-discrepancy-Dashboard-vs-mob...

Mine does that most times, but I don't find 1 BPM enough to worry about.

Best Answer

You're right, it's nothing to worry about.  But, there is no reason for any discrepancy between two views of the same data in a digital world.  I'm increasingly annoyed at what I see as sloppy programming,
particularly if it has been known for some time.  BTW, I did try a search before starting a thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @OldBob3301!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the matter. Please know that any and all comments are taken into consideration and that we're regularly looking to improve the Fitbit experience. 

Whenever we do get any news or updates on this situation we will be letting everyone know.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  don't usually use the web dashboard, but noticed this for the first time today.  I agree that the dashboard is GENERALLY higher than the android app, but it is not consistently higher.  Occasionally they agree....

As a software developer, this suggests to me that the issue may be that perhaps the android app is truncating "real" numbers (e.g. 64.6 to 64) whereas the dashboard may be rounding them (e.g. 64.6 to 65).

Irritating.

Best Answer