Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard sleep tracking times

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Over the last few days I have seen a few weird things with the sleep tracker. First it shows me as sleeping during times when I am actively awake. For example my first night it had me asleep at 8:30 when I didn't head to sleep until 9:30. It said I was awake 7x and restless 5x. I edit the sleep to show I didn't go to bed until 9:30 and it changes the entire nights sleep to show awake 2x and restless 13x. Very odd.

Next since I keep having to update times there are some issues with the manual entry method. It would be very helpful if you would add a "date" section with the time so I could say I went to bed at 8pm on 3/21 otherwise the system gets confused when say I sleep from 8 - 11pm wake up for 45 minutes then log 11:45pm to 4am. The next day I try to log 8pm - 4am 3/22 and it says there's already a sleep log since it's overlapping with the previous days second entry. I've confirmed this is the case by going back and deleting the previous days entry Monday. Going to Tuesday and inputing Tuesdays sleep time, then going back and inputing Monday's and everything works correctly. I can't just put Tuesdays in while Monday has time recorded. An area to specify the date for the entries would solve this problem.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Achirin welcome to the Fitbit Community! it's great to have you here 🙂 I would like to ask you some questions to determine why is your tracker recording sleep when you where awake. Where you wearing your tracker during this time? What activity where you doing? Was this a one time event? What Fitbit tracker are you using?   Regarding your suggestion to add a date section on the sleep log I would recommend to share your idea on the Feature Request board if you find a similar idea has been made, you can vote for it and add your comments! 

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm using the Alta, yes I was wearing it during this time. Using the computer. The start time being earlier than when I went to sleep is a one time event. I've had to adjust and set the time I went to sleep earlier a couple times as it will register me being awake when I'm tossing and turning rather than registering under the "time to fall asleep" area.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Achirin thanks for your reply! 🙂 I would recommend to review your tracker's Sleep tracking sensitivity to movements, if you have it on sensitive change it to normal or vice versa.  You can also experiment with how tight you wear your tracker to see if this improves your sleep log accuracy. 

Let me know how it goes! 🙂 

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes