Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is exercise being double counted?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I am using Charge HR. Obviously it is recognising when I go for an interval walk automatically and this is appearing in my exercise log. I am also tracking it so that I can get pace info. So this is appearing in the log as well.
The calorie and steps information is always slightly different which in itself doesn't bother me massively (although I would like to know which is the more accurate) but I really want to know:
Is it counting BOTH entries in the overall daily step/calorie count?
If not, which one IS it counting?
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

If you manually log a walk it will overwrite the steps, calories and active minutes that were tracked by your fitbit with those calculated for the manual entry so you shouldn't be seeing any double counting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for replying.  I'm not manually adding it.  It's logging it through recognition of activity and it's also logging it because I use the "Track" option (so I get the map and pace info).  So all the info is coming from the Fitbit, not from me.  So there are 2 listings under Exercise - 1 for the automatic recognition and another from the Track option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you use the track option it's your phone that's doing the tracking rather than your fitbit and that classes as a manual entry and it's that that's overwriting the fitbit's tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks again Steve, that makes sense now. I think I just got myself a bit worried it was double counting as it definitely did yesterday. It seemed to get very confused with the clock change. I knew I'd done a 5km route (straight after getting up) but it had logged 10km and over 18000 steps!! I deleted one of them which then seemed to work so got me worrying that it had ALWAYS been double counting😕
Best Answer
0 Votes