Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard steps never at 0

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I start Fitbit week on Monday.  I never see the number of steps go to zero.  First thing Monday I would expect the number of steps to be zero.  Also the person I share fitness with the log is the same with her Monday start.  What is the number that is represented and for how many days?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Versa and other Fitbit products I've had do reset to zero at midnight.  I'm talking about the Fitbit Dashboard number of steps.  I have never seen that number at zero.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Diane00Welcome... At midnight the steps reset to zero everyday

@Diane00 wrote:

I start Fitbit week on Monday.  I never see the number of steps go to zero.  First thing Monday I would expect the number of steps to be zero.  Also the person I share fitness with the log is the same with her Monday start.  What is the number that is represented and for how many days?

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa and other Fitbit products I've had do reset to zero at midnight.  I'm talking about the Fitbit Dashboard number of steps.  I have never seen that number at zero.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Diane00 unless you are up at midnight and sync it does show zero quickly and then it will show any steps after that. If you sync first thing in the morning and have been wearing your tracker for sleep, again, it will show zero quickly and then populate with the minor sleep movement (Steps).

I have never zeroed any of my Fitbits..

@Diane00 wrote:

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you perhaps talking about the step count that shows on your list of friends?

If so, this tile shows the steps taken so far today plus the steps for the previous 6 days. Once you have logged at least a week of data the total will always go down at midnight as it deletes the oldest day's data to make room for the new day. It never resets to zero.

Would this account for what you are seeing?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Diane00. Thanks for coming in to help @Colinm39 and @SteveH.

I think the situation is like @SteveH suspects. It makes sense to what is being said in here.

@Diane00 If that isn't the case, please try to take a screen shot and then post it here as a reply. That way we'll be able to see exactly where you aren't seeing the steps at 0 or what is going on.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer