Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Beach

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been advised that an unsecured database containing over 61 million records related to wearable technology and fitness trackers was left exposed online in another massive data leak. GetHealth, a health and wellness company leaked extremely sensitive data from a non-password protected database. It contained over 61 million records, exposing data from the following products and services:

* Apple HealthKit
* Fitbit
* GoogleFit
* 23andMe
* Daily Mile
* FatSecret
* Jawbone UP
* Life Fitness
* MapMyFitness
* MapMyWalk
* Microsoft
* Misfit
* Moves App
* PredictBGL
* Runkeeper
* Sony Lifelog
* Strava
* VitaDock
* Withings
* Android Sensor
* S Health

The researchers who discovered the database demonstrated that the records contained sensitive information including but not limited to:

* Names
* Dates of birth
* Weight
* Height

Do we need to contact Fitbit individually or is Fitbit going to release a statement and fix?

Concerned 

https://www.goincognito.co/alert-61-million-wearable-and-fitness-tracking-records-leaked-online/

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Interesting @ShadowJJ and also interesting the link you gave immediately wants me to download their app to protect me? Kim Komando had this story earlier and with much more detail and specifics. Read that article for information.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Hi @ShadowJJ. Welcome to the Community. @Odyssey13 Thanks for your help.

@ShadowJJ Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for the detailed information. I understand your concern and for this reason I've requested a case on your behalf so our team can provide you with further assistance about this situation. They'll get in touch with you via email, so please keep an eye on your inbox.

Best Answer