Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

The default is this week and body. That worked for me. However, when I changed body to activities or sleep I still only got the spinning wheel.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I try to download Jan 1 - Jan 31 sleep data and I get the spinning circle. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I am able to download body data.

Thank you,

Extremely frustrated and disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to add that the problem should not be tagged as solved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry folks, look like I spoke too soon. The feature still isn't fully working, and the team is looking into why that is.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Export is still not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Trying to pull down the food data....not working.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

The data export function is now working for me, that's as at 8:30am Australian Central Standard time on 15 September, or 7pm Eastern Daylight time on 14 September in the US.

Best Answer
0 Votes

An intended fix was applied today, but it appears that the tool is still hanging up on certain queries. Our team is committed to getting this tool back up and running properly, and I expect the next update will come next week. 

Thanks again for your ongoing patience, and I'll plan to provide another update at that time.

Best Answer

After today's patch, the export tool is functioning properly for everything except Sleep stats. You should be able to download your data by checking the boxes for Body, Foods, and Activities. We will continue to work toward getting it fully up and running with Sleep stats.

As before, we appreciate your patience during this downtime.

Best Answer

Hi everyone - this issue has now been fully resolved. Data exports should work normally again for all feature sets.

Thanks for your patience on this issue.

Best Answer

IE or Chrome, select various report options either all, minus sleep, pick two items anything but no matter what I select from my dashboard when I hit download it fades the button, spins, then nothing.  No report is produced.  I don't think the issue is fixed.  Using windows 10. Alta HR.

Best Answer

@TLS26 -

Windows 7 Professional with Internet Explorer 11 -

Single Activities download for month - ok

Single Sleep download for month - ok

Body and Foods for month - ok

---- edit ---- All downloads took less than 30 seconds. ---- end edit ----

Still cannot download tcx file from Activities page, but for me the standard exports from the setting page now work.

Now there is a pause between the time the page repaints and I get the "what do you want to do with this file" dialog from Internet Explorer, but that is all.

I don't know if it is a security setting on your system, or what, but it now works for me with my configuration.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer