Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

So, today the download is working - was able to download XLS files.

Best Answer

@USAF-Larry wrote:

So, today the download is working - was able to download XLS files.

Thanks USAF-Larry! You beat Fitbit to the announcement!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@USAF-Larry The fix has not yet been released. I'll update this thread as soon as it happens.

Best Answer

I was able to get all on mine in csv format, except for sleep, it took a few seconds for it to work but it did, so once everybody gets this message, I am sure the database will crash from the overload

Best Answer

Still not working for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Been trying for the last hour.  No Luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

ya, I'm sure it has been "fixed" again

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has not worked in over a month. I need to report my steps sleep patter every two weeks to my Dr. And will it keeps spinning and spining. I left it on for half an hour...while I exported myfitnesspal data for my Dr. visit...was still spining,,,etc etc...

Come on FITBIT been a month, you have no coders / software engineers there?

Best Answer

found at Twitter:

Hi! We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week. For updates on our progress, you can follow along with this Community discussion: https://t.co/AWLK8pelSH.

Hopefully it will really work ?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have an update on the data export problem? It does not seem to be working yet. 

Best Answer

anytime frame or idea when the data export tool will work????

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually this has been a valuable learning experience. Trackers get more competitive, more feature packed of of course more expensive. Every company spends tons on marketing, displays and point of sale and posting fabricated online reviews for their products.  Anybody can research and make an informed purchase decision.  The wisdom of that purchase can only be determined after we clasp it on and go to work. When one or more features stop or returns inaccuracies or a software glitch occurs or a  band breaks does the manufacturer have our back?  Any user involved in this data export debacle that doesn't know the answer to that deserves what we are getting.  This IS NOT an isolated incident. My Charge 2 heart rate just stopped working while all other features seemed normal.  I lost about two weeks total use resolving that issue.  I get a warranty replacement which I feel certain is a return or refurbished device. Device only in a generic plastic bag.  I have to swap the band from the defective device to the replacement  It's a piece of cake to do but the rubber (band) separates from the hard plastic fastening insert and won't lock into place on the new one. I have to jump through hoops sending photo evidence before getting a pronounced sigh in the telephone receiver followed by "as a one-time COURTESY I'll send you a band.  ONE TIME COURTESY?  No, what about I'm a five time buyer and this thing is under warranty?  You are NOT doing me any favors or courtesies, you are standing behind your product as you are legally obligated.  I lose another week's use. Everything is fine now except of course data export doesn't work. And oh yeah almost forgot 20% of the time the stair counter just returns a ridiculous random number. I did 192 floors last Monday and can't recall at least 180 of those. I did 3 flights in my sleep Thursday night.  The answer to that one is I have to find a facility that has two consecutive flights of steps that has exactly a ten feet elevation change per flight. Then I need to remove the tracker from my wrist, attach it to my belt (what belt?) and climb the two flights quickly without pause, check the resulting number and report back.  Seriously!  There is no possible result of that test that could possibly explain the problem. It would be like your car overheating on the Interstate on a hot day and your mechanic telling you to crank your car first thing in the morning and checking the garage floor for water.  There's been no support, no communication, no sense of urgency or team work. I don't blame the moderators personally, they are trying to earn a living and as frustrating as this is for customers imagine having to live in that environment 40 hours a week.  I think some do overtly demonstrate immaturity when they go on a post deletion spree but I guess it's a release for their stress.

Bottom line - we have all learned the level of support, respect and understanding we can expect from this manufacturer and we can factor that into our next purchase as we each see fit.

Best Answer

@MatthewFitbit... Ref your post: "The fix has not yet been released. I'll update this thread as soon as it happens."  Does that mean that a fix has actually been found but not yet been released?  If so, is that release coming soon?  Or, does your post imply that Fitbit hasn't yet been able to fix the issue and that's why there hasn't been a release?  In addition, as mentioned in some previous posts, it would have been nice (and would still be nice) if Fitbit would actually put a message on the "Export Your Data" page that lets people know that this feature is currently not working.  Right now, that page states "Your data belongs to you!  Download your Fitbit data as an XLS file (Microsoft Excel) or CSV, which can be opened by many paid, free or shareware applications."  As we all know right now, that statement is currently pretty meaningless.

Best Answer

Is there an update on this issue yet? I am still unable to export any data on two different operating systems - Windows 7 and windows 10.  Thanks -

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still not working - It's been over a week since you said it would be fixed in a week....

Best Answer
0 Votes

not working for me.  I've tried many ways and forms.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Technically he said "However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week." with next week being anywhere between Sunday morning at 00:01 to Saturday night at 23:59, and also depends on the timezone they are referring to. So we have until then to break out the pitchforks and storm the castle so to speak. In the interim MyFitnesPall does load into fitbit tracking and has a better database. 

Best Answer

Nothing has changed yet. Please see the first post in this thread for the current status. I will post again when something changes.

@pajkoenig At no point did I say this would be fixed within a week. I said that it would not be fixed last week.

Edit: Since we're having a hard time holding civil discourse, I've locked the thread for now. We'll unlock it once there's another update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The data export feature is back up and running You should be able to use it normally now.

Thanks again for being patient while we addressed this. I know this was a difficult wait for many of you, and we've definitely taken note of the feedback. We'll do our best to communicate the issue more proactively during any similar events in the future.

Edit: Sorry, spoke too soon. This feature isn't fully working yet.

Best Answer

Thanks! it's working now for me. Any hope of getting an extension to our Premium memberships to cover this outage?

Best Answer