Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Data Export tool isn't working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 09/25/17

This issue has now been fully resolved, and data exports should work normally again. Thanks everyone for your patience on this issue.

Fitbit Update: 09/06/17

We have identified a potential fix that will get things working again. However, it won't be possible for us to release this change before next week.

So we expect that the export tool will remain in its current state at least through the weekend. I know that we're all eager to see it resolved as quickly as possible, but wanted to set a realistic expectation.

Hi, everyone! Thanks for your reports about the Export Data tool. Our team is aware of the issue where you can't download your data and only get a spinning circle.They are looking into this some more and I will provide an update here once there is more information. Thanks for your patience!

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
291 REPLIES 291

Mine worked perfectly until two days ago - I have now joined the spinning arrow brigade!

Tried macOS, Windows, IE, Chrome, csv and xls without success.  No changes at all at my end.

Best Answer

Perhaps, in addition to creating the export file and depending on being able to download it, an option should be made available to send the file to the user as an attachment to an email.  Fitbit has a valid email address for the user that signed in.  It would be, not too difficult, to attach the exported data to an email to that user.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Azure does not work as of 2 Sep 2017

Best Answer
0 Votes

Download not working for me as well. Please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit has an email address for everyone.  It seems to me that instead of just downloading a file that Fitbit created, they could send the file as an attachment to an email.  One thing that would be needed would be to select either download or email the file.  (I would put this in as a suggestion but, the times that I have tried to enter a suggestion, something ALWAYS went wrong and I was never able to.)
From my investigation, it looks like the file is being created, it just can not be sent to the user because of some settings at the Fitbit server (the way the file is identified - ext, or protocol, or type, or ...).

Best Answer

deleted reply to wrong person

Best Answer
0 Votes

I didn't do anything.  Fitbit did.

Best Answer
0 Votes

FMagic - the link you provided worked perfectly for getting my data out! Thank you!

If only Fitbit cared enough about its customers to provide a solution in a timely manner... SMH

Best Answer

The export tool has worked fine for me for 3 years. What did you do, try to improve something that wasn't broken? Without data export my fitbit charge is worthless.

Best Answer

Sorry about that, it was meant for the mod.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Do you know when this is going to be fixed?

we are doing a study and we need to download the information every week, we have been waiting now for a week and still is not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is an unreasonable amount of time for a core feature of our premium memberships to be unavailable. The lack of communication and transparency about the scope of this problem is both frustrating and concerning. I had been rooting for you all as competitors inched closer, but this experience is souring me on your brand and I find myself seriously considering other options for tracking.

Best Answer

What kind of bug with known characteristics takes 6 months or longer to fix? Seems like pure laziness to me.

Best Answer

Hello LanuzaFitbit. I'm replying to your 7/9 post which discussed a not-new problem about intermittent nonfunctioning data export dating since at least March. Today is 9/2, almost 2 months after your post, and the problem isn't resolved. This is not about patience anymore. I don't believe it should take very long at all to address the problem. I don't believe anyone is working on the problem at all.

Best Answer

Julian is correct.

Best Answer

I got a prompt response to my email to support about this new (to me) problem - unfortunately the response had absolutely nothing to do with the query - the reply was all about weekly summary email - while the question was obviously about the data export tool!

We'd be glad to assist you concern regarding not receiving your data report.   

We do appreciate that you have troubleshoot the issue prior to contacting us. Upon checking on our system, your tracker last synced 6 minutes ago via iOS device.  

If you didn't receive your weekly progress report, please check the following: ...

Also novel that they mention an iOS device because that is the ONLY operating system that I have NEVER used to access my account.

I hope that it was a bot that answered my support email because to send a response about an unrelated topic is ludicrous.

The Fitbit geeks may not be serious about rectifying this issue??

Best Answer

I can see the data in the dashboard but the export tool is not working.

Best Answer

I have exactly the same issue. Does Fitbit have an update on timescale to resolve the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will the export option be available. It has been several weeks now.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Here is the response I received yesterday from FitBit support:

We acknowledge the issue you’ve experience and we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. As of the moment, we are yet to have a concrete solution to this matter since our engineers are still looking into this, as much as we would like to disclose a time frame, we are unable to since our research and development team has yet posted information or a time frame.

We want to make sure that when a solution is rolled out it addresses all these known glitches on our systems syncing issues.

In the meantime we encourage you to visit our Fitbit online community of updates and workarounds regarding this matter.

I tried the export link provided by fmajic on 9/01http://fitbit-export.azurewebsites.net/. I am so excited because I was able to download my data from FitBit. Fmajic, you are a freaking genuis! Thank you so much! Once I downloaded the data, I made edits as suggested by MartinBlackshaw. Thank you Martin for your insight!

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer