Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data export isn't working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my 1st attempt to export data for my sleep (or anything). I only get "something went wrong" when I attempt this. I tried .csv and Excel. I found comments back in 2017 that this was a known issue and would be fixed. Really! Almost 4 years and still not fixed. I didn't do an exhaustive search so is there a fix or workaround for this? Fitbit is a big enough company to pay for this coding. Thx

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm glad to hear that some of you have been able to export your Fitbit data again. Thank you for your time while dealing with this situation and for the workarounds you shared with us.

We just have been informed by our team that this temporary issue has been resolved. Please give it a try by following the instructions in this article in the menu "How do I export my Fitbit account data?".

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I'm having the exact same issue - I was able to get an archive (as in 2017) but I haven't been able to find a fix or workaround otherwise.

Best Answer

The data export tool is not working today.  Has anyone else had the problem?

Best Answer

Yes, happening to me too.  I tried to export 'this month' 'body' from Fitbit website on Windows and I get message "Something went wrong!".  I opened a chat and they told me to clear cache, close browser and reboot.  I did all that and still have the same problem.  I tried to open another chat but it took too long so I came back to community to look for answers.

Best Answer

I have tried from Fitbit on Windows and from my Apple Ipad.  Keep getting the same message "Something went wrong!"  Fitibit you have a problem!

Best Answer

Yes, it's been happening intermittently for about 2 weeks.  Now it's all the time.

I contacted Support yesterday, but they couldn't resolve the issue and had to send it to 2nd-level.  I haven't heard back yet.

Best Answer

I've been slowly noticing it get worse.  I thought it was just me for a bit.  I can't export anything now.  Same error, "Something went wrong".

Best Answer

Same here. Haven't been able to export data since Tuesday 8/3

Best Answer

On 8/3/21 I was able to download my data for July in the .csv format, but not in .xls format.  I set a reminder for myself to try again in a few days.  Today I am unable to download in any format.  I just get the pink "Something went wrong!" banner every time.Fitbit data download XLS format.jpg

Best Answer

Same error message; both yesterday and today.

Best Answer

Hi everyone and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for every step tried prior to posting. Let me explain that our team is aware of this issue and they’re currently working to resolve it soon. In the meantime, I'd recommend downloading your Fitbit account archive data export which is still working. See this help article for further instructions.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, and please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and will be passed along to keep our team informed of this situation. Your patience is appreciated and once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

See you around.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update, Lizzy!  

Best Answer

It is working for me today.  Thanks to the team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not for me - 8-8-21 can't download  data "Something Weny Wrong"

Best Answer

Not working for me either.  I did get one download of the past seven days,  But could not get the current month, prior month, or any custom (up to 30 days) date range.  Using Chrome on a Mac.  Haven't tried any other browsers yet.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

I spoke too soon.  It is broken again.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit, any update on this?  Still unable to download.

Best Answer

Hi everyone.

Thanks for your efforts and your continued feedback about this situation. Our team is still working on this situation to bring a solution as soon as possible. For the time being, please try downloading your Fitbit account archive data which is still working.

I truly appreciate your patience and while I don't have further details to share, please know your comments haven't gone unnoticed and I'll keep our team informed of the impact to you and other members. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this problem? The data export is not working for me this week....

Best Answer

I have been using a Fitbit One for over 6 years now. In that time there have been a number of problems that have occurred with being able to download my data each week to keep in an Excel spreadsheet. Each time this has happened it has taken a ridiculous amount of time for a fix to be applied. Now, once again, this is happening. On top of that they no longer support the latest versions of the Macintosh operating systems so I am forced to keep one of my Macs running a really old operating system. This is all because their Dashboard does not seem to work with the newer releases of Bluetooth. It tells me to turn on Bluetooth when it is already on. I have a feeling that Fitbit does not have their own programming staff, or, if they do, it is not staffed with highly capable people. I was a computer programmer for a lat4e company for over 30 years and would never have allowed for errors to exist for such long periods of time. I might be able to update to a newer Fitbit device; but, all the newer devices are meant to be worn on you're wrist and I prefer having the device in my pants pocket. Looks like I will soon have to give up on Fitbit all together and that is a shame. Fitbit, get your act together and get some people that can maintain your software like it should be.

Best Answer