Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data export isn't working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my 1st attempt to export data for my sleep (or anything). I only get "something went wrong" when I attempt this. I tried .csv and Excel. I found comments back in 2017 that this was a known issue and would be fixed. Really! Almost 4 years and still not fixed. I didn't do an exhaustive search so is there a fix or workaround for this? Fitbit is a big enough company to pay for this coding. Thx

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
48 REPLIES 48

I get the same "Something went wrong" issue.  I have been exporting my data in csv format weekly (for upload to Garmin), and the feature has been working for me since the last time a fitbit developer broke it.

Also, I know this probably will not help you, but I wrote myself a google apps script to download data into a google sheets spreadsheet, and that is working.

Best Answer

The yearly exporting not working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't export even a single day in either CSV or XLS. Simply nothing happens when I click it.

Looking at the Chrome devtools' network tab server replies with "fileIsReady: false" every single time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Workaround: go to this website https://www.fittostrava.com/ - click sync with FitBit then download specific activities

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad to see i'm not the only one having issues again with the data export. Any ideas if/when it will be fixed

Best Answer

I've checked today and it seems that export works again 😊 At least in my case 😎

Best Answer

Woohoo @bpiotrow thats fantastic news! Hopefully that will be the case for everyone!
Fingers crossed 🤞😃

Best Answer

Mine worked this morning. hopefully it will stay fixed!

Best Answer

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

I'm glad to hear that some of you have been able to export your Fitbit data again. Thank you for your time while dealing with this situation and for the workarounds you shared with us.

We just have been informed by our team that this temporary issue has been resolved. Please give it a try by following the instructions in this article in the menu "How do I export my Fitbit account data?".

I am going to close this thread, but if there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to start a new topic.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer