Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance under activities is always blank

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Every night I go for a walk and it will show how many minutes, Calories, steps etc.  But the distance column always says N/A even though above it will show my total distance for the day in miles.  I must need to do something but what?  ThanksFitBit.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The Charge HR has an older version of the Exercise App.  Maybe this is what you are doing already, and I'm not sure if this will give you distance, but worth a shot.

Quoting from the Charge HR user manual 

"Using exercise mode
Exercise mode works similar to the trip mode on a car’s odometer. For example, if
you put your tracker in exercise mode and use an elliptical machine, you can view
stats measured for that exercise, such as heart rate and calories burned. When you
end exercise mode and sync your data, you’ll see an entry for a “Workout” exercise
on your dashboard. The entry provides a summary of the activity's stats as well as a
minute-by-minute graph.
To use exercise mode:
1. Press and hold the button until a stopwatch icon appears. Your tracker
vibrates, the timer starts counting immediately, and elapsed time is shown.
2. To view stats being tracked during the exercise, press the button to advance
through the stats, which appear in the following order:
• Elapsed time
• Current heart rate and heart rate zone
• Calories burned
• Steps taken
• Distance covered
• Floors climbed
• Time of day
3. When you finish the activity, press and hold the button to end exercise mode."

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

That happens when your walk is auto-recognized.  If you do the same walk but use the Exercise App to record it, it will show a distance.  I don't have any explanation why - just the way somebody programmed it, presumably by mistake.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thanks Johnny,

I didn't know there was another app.  I've only been using this thing for 3 years LOL.  I will look for it

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you will tell me which tracker you have, I will try to explain how to get to it, unless you have the Inspire (Non-HR) or other older model on which the Exercise App is not available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning Johnny,

I've got the Charge HR.  It was a gift from my daughter several years ago.

Have a great weekend,

Tom

Best Answer

The Charge HR has an older version of the Exercise App.  Maybe this is what you are doing already, and I'm not sure if this will give you distance, but worth a shot.

Quoting from the Charge HR user manual 

"Using exercise mode
Exercise mode works similar to the trip mode on a car’s odometer. For example, if
you put your tracker in exercise mode and use an elliptical machine, you can view
stats measured for that exercise, such as heart rate and calories burned. When you
end exercise mode and sync your data, you’ll see an entry for a “Workout” exercise
on your dashboard. The entry provides a summary of the activity's stats as well as a
minute-by-minute graph.
To use exercise mode:
1. Press and hold the button until a stopwatch icon appears. Your tracker
vibrates, the timer starts counting immediately, and elapsed time is shown.
2. To view stats being tracked during the exercise, press the button to advance
through the stats, which appear in the following order:
• Elapsed time
• Current heart rate and heart rate zone
• Calories burned
• Steps taken
• Distance covered
• Floors climbed
• Time of day
3. When you finish the activity, press and hold the button to end exercise mode."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow.  I had no idea.  You would think that after years I would know how to use this thing.  I don't ever recall having a manual.  Thnaks so much.

Tom

Best Answer
0 Votes