Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do manually logged exercises increase the calories left to eat?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use the fitbit app and my versa 2 to track my energy in and energy out and find it does a good job most of the time, but I'm having an issue that I'm wondering if there is a solution for?

I actually do log my food In the app and religiously look at how many calories i can eat a day based on howany calories I burn.   Overall I'm happy but I do lots of rowing indoors and find that no matter what I do, my versa2 wildly underestimates my heart rate.

I also wear a chest strap that is tied into the rower and while the chest strap reads as it should, say 130 bpm, my versa2 will get stuck on 85 bpm!  This is frustrating, I've even tried a larger band and wearing it high up on my arm, but still it typically just flat out fails to deliver when I row...  Keep in mind that this is only when rowing and when I'm picking workout on watch, this doesn't happen with any other exercises I do.

I know I can log my rowing exercise manually into the fitbit app, but when I input the amount of calories I burned manually, will those calories actually get added to what I have left to eat? So if I can eat 1000 calories total for lunch and dinner according to the app, does this mean if I manually log my rowing exercise that reads I burned 500 calories will the app then show I can eat 1500?

I appreciate the communities help 🙂

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @johneric8.

Thanks for the information provided.

If you manually log your rowing exercise on your Fitbit account, the calories will definitely get added to what you have left to eat and you'll be allowed to eat more.

Our team doesn't currently have plans to add rowing exercise to the list of shortcuts in Fitbit devices. However, if there is any change, it would be communicated in this Feature Suggestion.

See you around.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this question. I've been in the exact same situation with all three of my devices since 2018. Rowing  heart rate is ALWAYS off by 40-50 bpm. I finally gave up and bought a chest strap which is far more accurate, but the data doesn't sync with fitbit. I use the concept2 rower. Very frustrating. Particularly a problem during pregnancy since you need closer heart rate monitoring during vigorous workouts. 😞

Best Answer