Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Fitbit send out "Your year in review" email to everyone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My friend got a "your year in review" email from Fitbit even though he has not used Fitbit device or access his Fitbit account for over 8 months last year (2019. I on the other hand did not receive a similar email for year 2019 even though I receive the weekly progress emails. Do they send out the "yearly" email to inactive users?

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Hi @KateFitbit 

Do you happen to know whether "year in reviews" are being sent this year, and if so, when they will be sent?

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.14 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since no one received their 2020 year in review email, does it mean FB's solution to the problem is not to send anyone the annual stats email?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Kate 

I religiously wear my FITBIT 5 days a week since I got years ago.  I get the year in review every year I keep a copy to give to my doctor.  I haven't received one either  Please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 2 friends received them today, but I haven't received one. Not sure why though, or if they send them to everyone. Anyone know if this is something you have to subscribe to?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @stephrose411 , this is Fitbit's answer: 

If you're using a Fitbit tracker/watch, you should receive a email with "Your year in review". You need to be active for more than 15 days and have more than 10,000 steps. This is sent on January 8 (note: 2020). Could you confirm that you have checked your spam and trash folder? 

It is not clear why some people get the overview and others don't. Must be some kind of bug.

(Broken Fitbits One, Charge 2 and 3). Using Charge 4 and Garmin fēnix 6. App vs 4.14 Samsung Galaxy A52. Android 14
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah it's weird.  Thanks for the reply!  🏅

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Corr wrote:

Hi @stephrose411 , this is Fitbit's answer: 

If you're using a Fitbit tracker/watch, you should receive a email with "Your year in review". You need to be active for more than 15 days and have more than 10,000 steps. This is sent on January 8 (note: 2020). Could you confirm that you have checked your spam and trash folder? 

It is not clear why some people get the overview and others don't. Must be some kind of bug.

I have used an Inspire HR 1st half of 2020 and a Versa 2 since June 2020. Not only I have more than 10,000 steps in 2020, my average daily step count for 2020 is more than 10,000 steps/day. Sadly, I did not get the "year in review" email. I also did not get one for the year 2019 even though I met these 2 criteria for year 2019 too.

I have received the weekly progressive without failure since I created my Fitbit account back in Feb 2019.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi SilviaFitbit,

Got my year in review this morning and I thought it was spam so deleted it 🙄, is there anyway of getting it resent?

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear my Fitbit every single day and have for over three years. I’ve never received a Year in Review. I always get the weekly stats , but why didn’t I get my Year in Review? Is there something else I need to register? I’m quite disappointed not to receive this.

Best Answer
Yet again I've used my Fitbit every day and this year I did over 7m steps
yet still no end of year report. So disappointed
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there - is Fitbit still sending the year in review summary… or do you have to be a premium user? 🤷‍:female_sign:

Best Answer

Been with Fitbit for years, never got a year in review. 

Best Answer