Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly care and tracker

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am a huge fan of the products. It's there an option/device specifically able to assist caregivers with their charge? I take care of my mom but would love to remotely monitor her vitals and receive automatic notices if she falls. 

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I don't think any Fitbit models allow are a good match for that, not having any fall detection, nor any phone connection.  However, you might look at the recently announced Google Pixel Watch.  It's not even out yet and I know very little about it, but from the specs it might have fall detection and LTE capability, and I think it uses the Fitbit app interface, though less than one day battery life.  I certainly don't know enough about it to be recommending it - I don't think anyone does yet.  But it's the closest thing to Fitbit that might have part of what you want.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

I would research. There are already devices that do this, though not fitbit. The question will be if you want something now, or you can wait to see if fitbit provides a capability. I just googled "fitness watch with fall detection", and found plenty of results.

CharlesKn | Mid-Atlantic, USA
60+, strength and cardio
Charge 5, Android, Windows

Best Answer

Hi

Where are you Daniella? Here in Cornwall, UK there is a service called 'Lifeline' that can include a fall monitor. The person has a small pendant that detects falls and they can also press if they feel unwell. Once pressed an operator talks to them and then calls you, or an ambulance etc. 

We had one with my Dad for several years and worked great, very re-assuring when I was out.

Pete

Best Answer