Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable Location Services in Settings to Track

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI All, I have a new FitBit Surge and on the windows desktop app, when I click bottom right of the dashboard - Track Exercise I get the error message on the next screen 'Enable Location Services In Settings to Track'. See below image.

I figured out you have to log onto the fitbit.com website to find where the settings are, but in those settings there is no such thing as an option to 'enable location services'. What the?

Can someone please help?

By the way I can see the map of a tracked run on the website, but not on the desktop app, because of the 'Enable Location Services' error.

pic

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well that was easy, 'track my run' on the desktop (PC) app needs the 'location services' on the PC to be enabled, not the fitbit. Once this happens then the PC will record the track during the run, provided you take the pc for the run, which of course is not possible. Hence that function is only useful if you're running with your phone (and have the app on the phone). 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

NO idea how to insert an image either, would be tops if they had an attachment button. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well that was easy, 'track my run' on the desktop (PC) app needs the 'location services' on the PC to be enabled, not the fitbit. Once this happens then the PC will record the track during the run, provided you take the pc for the run, which of course is not possible. Hence that function is only useful if you're running with your phone (and have the app on the phone). 

Best Answer
0 Votes