Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 404 Message when trying to download Fitbit Connect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had to delete Fitbit Connect from my MacBook Air, and have been unable to reinstall it.  When I go to the Fitbit setup page, I am immediately redirected to an error page that states "Sorry, that page is following a different trail."  Has anyone had a similar issue, and if so have you been able to resolve it?  Fitbit customer service can't give me an answer other than "maybe the site is under maintenance" - but it's been like that for about two weeks now...?

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

@CathyHen   I agree with you and I have reported this problem several times.  There is a more important reason that I am responding to you.  You can't set up or sync a Charge 4 with Fitbit Connect.  You need a compatible iPhone or Android phone or tablet.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the reply. I do have the Fitbit Connect app on my laptop - have been using it problem-free with my Charge 2. I can partially set up my Charge 4 ( Bluetooth sees it, I can sync it to my computer, etc) but the device itself is frozen with the Fitbit logo and the setup web site sprawling along the bottom. So it is not activated. 
See below for the customer help support at Fitbit. They keep telling me it should work with a laptop and Windows 10 with bluetooth - but it does not. Very frustrating that you keep getting the same useless reply.
-----------------------------------------------Hello CatHen

Thank you for reaching us out.

You can use your computer if it has windows 10 but it needs bluetooth so if your computer meets those requirements you can go to your Microsoft store in the computer and download the Fitbit application.

Once you have everything you can login and try to setup your Fitbit as a new device.

If you have additional questions about your Fitbit or services, visit help.fitbit.com. 

Sincerely,
Stefan V and the Fitbit Team
Best Answer
0 Votes

@CathyHen   Fitbit Connect is compatible with the Charge 2.  But it isn't compatible with the Charge 4.  The programming has changed.

I am including a link to the Charge 4 manual.   I believe the application that support tech is referring to is the Fitbit App for Windows 10, not Fitbit Connect. The manual only gives instructions for iPhone/Android phones and nothing is listed for Windows 10.  I am a Mac user, so I can't help much more with a Windows issue.  You can try the Fitbit app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft store.  But I don't believe that the Charge 4 will show as a device that can be added.  If I am correct, then I am sorry that you got incorrect information from Support.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am UK based and also got rerouted to a different page when trying to find the download link.

This one seemed to work for me without a VPN. Hope it's helpful.

https://www.fitbit.com/setup?platform=mac

Additionally, I have a Mac running Catalina 10.5, and the 10.5 download didn't work. I downloaded the standard Mac version, didn't register my device (as it only goes up to Charge) and clicked onto music directly. It seems to be working.

This after hours on live chat with an agent that had no idea what they were doing, then a phone call to a much more helpful agent who at least admitted that they knew there were problems in "The UK...and Spain...and actually most of Europe...."

Might be nice if Fitbit updated the download link and the the app itself....it shouldn't take 2 hours of customer support, forums, reddit and Google to stick some mp3 files on a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes