Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error happened when saving profile

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having issues with my time zone settings. I have tried all the solutions relating to the time zones.

when looking at my Timezone in the web dashboard it states Toronto and when I go to change the Timezone to Brisbane when I click submit I get the error message "Error happened when saving profile" 

i need help in setting my Timezone as it's effectively bricking my Fitbit 

Best Answer
92 REPLIES 92

Hey guys,

I have had the same issue with my Blaze.  I have recently arrived in Germany from Australia and my watch sync's with no issue to my phone by the time is still for Australia. 

When i try to change the time zone in app on both the phone or on the PC the change will either not save (PC) or defaults back to the Brisbane, Australia time zone and therefore will  not change on the blaze.

Have any of you had success with resolving this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be an intermittent problem affecting some platforms. I get this too on Chrome on Windows 10. I believe fitbit are aware.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - I've read through the various postings and I think I have a new time zone setting challenge. I was in New York last week, 1st time my Charge HR has been on a different time zone. Auto adjust to New York Time zone no problem. One returning on the auto set time zone back to UK GMT has yet to occur. I have set iOS to manual and changed to London, this reverts to NY when Sync. I went to the web site and tried changing there but I am unable to make changes - I get an error message (for any update tried). Any suggestions appreciated. It frustrated me and looks like it is defective. Suggestions welcomed.

Best Answer

I have tried to update my units from cm to feet in the personal information and every time I try to submit the changes a message "error occurred when submitting changes" keeps appearing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

There seems to be a problem at the moment that's affecting a number (but not all) platforms and people (including me). I believe fitbit are aware of it so we'll just have to wait for a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi fellow FitBit people,

I have just returned from a trip to Australia and like myself, my blaze is suffering from Jet Lag and is stuck in the Australian time zone.  When I went to Australia it automatically set itself (that I can remember). It didnt when I returned home to the UK, so I googled the issue and went to my profile to manually change it. These are some snap shots of the changes and the error I get. It wont save the time zone.

Can anyone help please as its stuck in the wrong time zone.

Many thanks

Ian

Screenshot 2017-01-15 11.39.04.pngScreenshot 2017-01-15 11.39.24.pngScreenshot 2017-01-15 11.39.58.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 I have exactly the same issue, even tried the same fault finding. I also confirmed my location via maps was correct, it appears to be a bug in the last App update on 09/01/17 version 2.31

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well 

Well, since it's a time-based device it's pretty useless if you cannot make it use the correct time.

The whole FitBit sync system seems very buggy.

Surely beta testing should have shown this to be an issue.

There must be LOTS of users who travel. 

Best Answer

I have the same exact problem (and started a new thread about it).

I've tried everything including deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got solution: worked for me.

Delete whatever you have in City field.

Under address.

Leave that blank.

Then try changing the Time zone.

It then updated for me.

And when I synced, it did update my Charge 2.

Best Answer

Shame, shame FitBit.  If you are going to be a watch, be a watch.  This is fundamental functionality - this should never NOT work!

Best Answer

I'm seeing the same issue - can't update my profile at all after returning from Switzerland yesterday

Best Answer

That worked. Had the same problem as you. Tried to change it from the app, on the web without any luck. Restarted the device. Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Having trouble updating the time zone on my computer or my iPhone. I receive an error message on the computer saying it's unable to update at this time. On the iPhone it simply reverts back to the incorrect one. Anyone else have this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to resolve my issue yesterday.

What I discovered was that after I changed the timezone in the settings page in the web page, https://www.fitbit.com/user/profile/edit , the save button was showing an error message temporarily. If you do not look for it, you will miss it. Anyway, I figure that my profile was corrupted but I was wrong. I am French speaking Canadian, so the page was in French. I tried to switch language in the Web page and was finally successful but it was hard to find. After the page was in English (Canada)  I went and switch time zone. Save successful, after the next sync, my fitbit showed the right time.

Now I wonder if it will switch back when I get home.

Hope this helps

Best Answer
0 Votes

In short, remove the city of your origin and then change time zone. You need to leave that blank until Fitbit solved this bug. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Inded it worked. Thanks a lot! Lifesaver.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have the same issue with my time zone stuck on Zurich now I'm back in the UK. I followed the series of steps below suggested by fitbit customer service. It has not resolved the problem for me, though perhaps it will work for others:

- Restart your Charge 2 three times in a row https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/?q=restart&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1
- Remove all trackers from the bluetooth list of your phone
- Uninstall reinstall the app
- Reboot your phone
- Select a wrong timezone 
- Sync your tracker 
- Remove your Charge 2 from your account
- Set it up as a new device https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1872/?q=set&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1
- Select the good time zone 
- Sync it https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1866/?q=sync&l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

EE does not appear to support automatic time zone changes on iPhones and this may be a contributory factor, though I also think this may be a bug in the latest App update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I am just back from India and have done everything you mention and cannot get the time zone to change back to Canada from India. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me as well, thank you so much.  I have spent the last 5 days since arriving in Las Vegas (4 hour time change from home) trying to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes