Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise not tracking

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I walked today over lunch.  The steps seem to be accurate.  My active minutes increased.  Fitbit added 24 minutes of elliptical for daily exercise.  That was incorrect.  So, I tried to correct it to my 35 minute walk.  It only gave me 86 calories burned (inconsistent with what it normally does) and then removed the minutes from active minutes, so that was back to 0.  What am I doing wrong and how can I fix my exercises to be accurate while still keeping the correct active minutes? Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums @jengru.

Thanks for bringing this up.

It is possible that it was the position of your hands. If your hands were holding something, that could lead to the tracker thinking that you were doing elliptical instead of walking.

In this case I'd say that it could've been a one time thing and as such I'd like to ask you to try and do a walk when you are able to to and see if the information is logged as elliptical again.

Also, what Fitbit device are you using to record your activity?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Forums @jengru.

Thanks for bringing this up.

It is possible that it was the position of your hands. If your hands were holding something, that could lead to the tracker thinking that you were doing elliptical instead of walking.

In this case I'd say that it could've been a one time thing and as such I'd like to ask you to try and do a walk when you are able to to and see if the information is logged as elliptical again.

Also, what Fitbit device are you using to record your activity?

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes