Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export activity data feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, trying to export my activity data I noticed that .csv export was limited to last 31 days and when I checked Activities under Include data I received data per day, not per activity.

I joined Fitbit 2016 and now I need to export my data from my activities for statistical purposes. The list of activities I need would contain pretty much what you see in Activity history under Activities, that is, at least the following columns: Date, time, Type of activity, Distance, Duration. I read that users here push 'Load 10 more' button forever to get to the end and then copies data from the html-page, lol.
I want the data machine readable in eg. .csv format for easy import to a spreadsheet and I want to be able to export my data for a custom time period not limited to 31 days. And one row per activity not per day, please.

Have a nice day.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community @wbrghh. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

You can export up to 31 days data. However, you could also export an archive of your data for the lifetime of your account by doing the following: 

1. From the fitbit.com dashboard, click the gear icon

2. Click Settings > Data Export.

3. Under Export Your Account Archive, click Request Data.

4. You’ll receive an email at the address associated with your Fitbit account. Open the email and confirm your data archive request. 

5. You’ll receive another email with a link to download your Fitbit account data. 

6. Download and save the data file to your computer. If you have a Fitbit family account, you’ll see separate folders for each child account.

Note that if you have a large amount of Fitbit data it can take up to a few days to generate your account data archive. Check the status of your request in your Data Export account settings.

Regarding your question about downloading each data's activity instead of the whole day's data. You may want to post your idea in our Feature Suggestion board, those will be reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello SilviaFitbit,

Thank You for replying so quick.

Of course I want to be able to look back at my activities, that's what it's all about, for me at least. Running, biking, swimming and so on and look back six months, a year or whatever to find out if I still can hold the pace. Or maybe if I'm even faster. I thought this was one of the main reasons of recording activities.

And then, of course I would want to export data per activity to make those comparisons. Not even in the Account Archive Export is this possible from what I can see. Please fix this ASAP.

Kind regards

Best Answer

@wbrghh Thanks for getting back. 

I know how important this information is for you because this will help you compare your data. The best place to make your voice heard is our Feature Suggestion board, those ideas are reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi again SilviaFitbit,

Well, I hope I'm not the only one. This export routine is crucial to me and I actually think I have a right to download my activity data sorted per activity. Please contact me when It's done.

Thanks for Your time and

Have a nice day.

Best Answer

Yeah, I second this. Since this 'export data per activity' is obviously a really basic omission from the export csv, we shouldn't have post this again as a feature suggestion. It's the field called activityId I am guessing.

Please just add it. It's expecting a lot from customers that we should have to go explain this again. It's been two years at least.

Best Answer

@beardo18 @wbrghh Hi there. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

This information is currently available for export in the complete Account Archive export which is in JSON format, learn more about it in this article How do I export my Fitbit account data? 

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I believe you have to do it manually month by month to get around the 31 days limitation.

Best Answer
0 Votes