Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export data page says "Something Went Wrong"

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been exporting my data every month, without issue, since December 26, 2022. I have a MD appointment coming up and tried to export my data....all I get is "Something Went Wrong!" Why has this stopped working and is it coming back? Is there a work around? My MD is expecting my food, weight and activity logs....what should/can I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
67 REPLIES 67

Thanks for the update @LizzyFitbit 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was able to get one download by switching to Excel format and selecting the past Two weeks (2023/04/02) and unchecking the Foods option. But I found that was the only one I could get, all other dates failed.

Best Answer

Raceway99 Update: the only INFO that was downloaded was Weight info which is no HELP to Me.

Its been broke since the 8th, Do they plan on Fixing this any time soon?

Best Answer

You're aware, yet can't fix it? Something went wrong, alright, and I believe it's by design.

Best Answer

Sadly, "Account Archive" is a massive amount of individual files and not in a usable format so this in no way a replacement for the "Fitbit Data" downloads, (which I have been downloading daily, up until now).  I hope you get it fixed soon. The consistency of data is a huge reason I have stuck with Fitbit over the years.

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit, your answer is not the Best Answer by a country mile imho. The correct answer is Fitbit have made a mistake again and can't be bothered to fix or report, and now watch the community go into frenzy with comments, just fix your mistake "Fitbit"

Best Answer

@Raceway99:  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I just tried using the custom date option to get the data that I was missing and IT WORKED !!!  I was able to get my activity and sleep data, which is what I usually download.  I just hope that this will continue to work until they get the issue completely resolved.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I see that it is working now! So relieved. Thank you.

Best Answer

@Whooosh It is not fixed yet, but it is better. After a couple of attempts, I was able to get a full download (body, foods, activities, sleep) for March using the 'last month' option; custom dates option also worked for March. Initially I got the "something wrong" warning, but after logging and back in it worked. 

For February I can only get body and activities. 

EDIT: cleared my browsing data and then I was able to get a full download of the February data.  So I think it is fully working now.

EDIT again (4.16): back to 'something went wrong' messages. Whatever was working for me last night isn't working any more. 

Using Safari and Chrome on a Mac. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I still have this problem and have investigated LizzyFitbit’s proposed solution to ChicknWhisperer's post. It doesn't provide ALL the data in the "Settings|Data Export|Your Fitbit Data" function. Specifically, I couldn’t find the "Floors" count nor the "Calories Burned" values in any of the files. I know calories are in several of the files, but which files to sum for the value is not intuitively obvious. I have been downloading the daily data for years. Occasionally there has been a temporary problem, but I don't recall one lasting this long. I also have performed the Export Your Account Archive many times and have processes to analyze the data, so I am familiar with this data too.

So the question remains, when will this be fixed?

Best Answer

Just been trying Export (17th Apr 16:23UK time) still not working.

Successful for the "Last Week" option, but nothing else, "Last Month" and Date Range options all met with failure.

So FitBit any news on when you'll fix please?

Best Answer

This just worked for me, unchecking foods. I'm less concerned with that (might not be the case for everyone) but I've been in a loop with twitter support for 2 weeks now...restart laptop, log in, log out, new browser, even unplug router. 

It's not perfect but it got me what I needed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for keeping me posted, as well as your efforts while working on this. As you know, this has been reported to our team and while we don't have a time frame, they're working to identify a solution as soon as possible.

As mentioned before, let me recommend using the Archive Account option to download all your Fitbit data. For more information, see this help article.

I'm sorry for the inconveneince, and your patience is appreciated.

Best Answer

Hi LizzyFitbit,

"this has been reported to our team and while we don't have a time frame, they're working to identify a solution as soon as possible" its been an issue according to the community for a long long time, a little search research does wonders.

Next platitude please......

Best Answer

Being rude doesn’t help, friends. It’s encouraging that Lizzy is continuing to post even though she has no news. She has zero control over when this gets fixed, so please aim your angst at the company and not its support rep.

Thanks, Lizzy!

Best Answer

I stand by my comments, whatever you think about my comments is your option, not rude just factual correct.

Best Answer

Sorry if I offended Lizzy or anyone else.

Best Answer

Getting same error message. Also, have a Charge 5. Cannot export O2 or heart rate. Only weight, height and activities. Useless to have Premium!!

Best Answer

Success! This evening I was able to download my data. On some options I'd get the error, but for a 13 day download it worked! Thanks for all the suggestions and problem status reports.

Best Answer

You didn't offend me, is the download working correctly for you?

Best Answer
0 Votes