Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting data to edit

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there, when using the Fitbit .com website, is it possible to export my list of custom foods to Excel, edit them in Excel, the import the edited list back to Fitbit.com?

I have seen a n export feature in settings, but I don't think that it does what I want it to. 

Maybe if this feature is not currently available, it could be added at a future date.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @the2ems,

Sorry I don't think there's a way to do that currently. You could suggest it in the Feature Suggestion board. If I may ask, why would you want to do this? The foods in my list don't change nutritional information. What would you be editing?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @WavyDavey

The reason I like to create and edit custom foods is to do with saturated fat. I had a heart attack in July 2015, and so need to try to keep my saturated fat intake under control. When looking at the daily totals on the dashboard log, it only shows total fat, not saturated. So I create custom foods, but enter the saturated fat value into the total fat field. That way I can see a total for my saturated fat intake. 

Of course it would be easier if the daily totals log were to include saturated fat, or if you could select which nutritional values you wanted to view.

Best Answer

Hi @the2ems,

Thanks for explaining, that makes sense. I didn't see anything in the Feature Suggestion board that fit your idea, so I recommend you start a thread on that board that we can vote for. Also, there are a number of Fitbit-compatible apps, so you might want to look into some of those for a way to track saturated fat. I know MyFitnessPal is a popular one.

https://www.fitbit.com/partnership

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer