Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra steps on app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all. Perhaps some one can enlighten me what the problem could be. While i'm waiting for my Versa 3 to be replaced I have gone back to using my charge 3. Today i noticed that my charge 3 was showing a total step **ahem** of about 15k steps which is about right for the amount of walking i've done today. The problem is the fitbit app on my phone was showing 25k steps which is totally wrong. I've synced my watch a few times but instead of the app correcting itself to 15 k it has changed the step count on my watch from 15k to 25 k I really need an accurate step count as i am taking part in the Diabetes UK million step challenge  supported by fitbit. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me. I ended up removing my charge 3 from my account. Uninstalled the app from my phone. Reinstalled the app and set up my charge 3 again. The step count on my phone and charge 3 was returned to 15k what it should be. Hope it's fixed now. I did have Strava connected to my Fitbit account so don't know if that was part of the problem. Have removed that from my account now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Daisey365 

You can edit the extra steps to reflect what you think is more accurate. Look here to see how: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1306.htm.  Look under how to delete steps and floors. You can’t delete steps and floors; instead, log a non-step-based activity such as driving to override the steps or floors. The link will provide you instructions. 
😃 Please let me know if this provided you with the best answer to resolve the problem. Please let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to me. I ended up removing my charge 3 from my account. Uninstalled the app from my phone. Reinstalled the app and set up my charge 3 again. The step count on my phone and charge 3 was returned to 15k what it should be. Hope it's fixed now. I did have Strava connected to my Fitbit account so don't know if that was part of the problem. Have removed that from my account now.

Best Answer

Happy to hear your up and running correctly again @Daisey365! 😃 Enjoy your day and Happy Stepping!

Best Answer