Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Dashboard being phased out?

So - now the web or "browser" dashboard has an interstitial message that pops up telling me I can use the app on my phone. I have the app on my phone - I don't need telling. I'm logging in to use the web dashboard because it's more convenient for me. The writing has been on the wall for a while. The dashboard hasn't been updated in years - certainly not since Google's acquisition of FitBit. Anyone here from Google prepared to give me a straight answer? Is the web dashboard going to be deprecated (like every other Google service that isn't the market lead)? How safe is the FitBit brand in Google's hands? I've been a FitBit user for seven years - but when I next upgrade it might well be to an Apple Watch if this is an indication of customer support.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@KaosHarry   You probably won’t get an answer to your questions here.  This is a user to user help site.  Even when moderators answer, they seem to be limited to publicly available information.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

I think it is pretty obvious that somewhere it has been decided to move away from a web dashboard to a 'mobile app' only. I would never have bought a newer Fitbit if I knew this was about to happen. It would have been so useful to turn it into a progressive webapp instead of ostracizing a large group of users. At any rate, my next fitness tracker will not be a Fitbit. I did not move my data to a google account, and I will just ride this train until it is really gone I guess. 

Best Answer

If they're going to force us to the app then someone needs to go through the food library and clean it up.  There are so many incorrect/duplicate entries.  I use the web dashboard to correct stuff I use regularly or for recipes I make at home (it really sucks to have to enter every ingredient - especially when they're wrong).  Items can't be edited in the app, everything need to be entered from scratch.  They also need to add "favorites" in the food lists if the web dashboard isn't available.

Best Answer

I’m so sorry that I just bought my husband a new Fitbit Charge 6 before I read your comment. I saw that my dashboard had changed, but I was informed by Fitbit that it was only temporary. I don’t guess that’s true and it’s always gonna look like this so I’m in agreement with you—my next watch will definitely not be a Fitbit.  

Best Answer

Yes I lost all my Fitbit friends when Google bought Fitbit. They are still on Fitbit and I cannot go back to Fitbit after moving to Google!

Best Answer
I dislike the sleep information especially!! I will be going to a different tracker as soon as this one is no longer working or when I am totally disgusted--which I already am!!! 😡😡I haven't gone to Google and I won't.

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer

My Fitbit battery keeps running out and not syncing. I have to log on and off from Google to charge it.

😏 😪 🙄😰

Best Answer
0 Votes
🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🙄

Get Outlook for iOS<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've already been looking at other trackers. Be sad to loose Fitbit even with the problems through the years. My 1st few only lasted 6 months. This sense has been the best until now. Info is not accurate or is not there at all...goodbye Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello Google - are you listening? KaosHarry - I totally agree with you!! FitBit needs to recognize that the web-based laptop dashboard is larger, easier to manipulate and holds all the good stuff on one page that is very easy to see.  I too have the app, but I sit at my laptop with my morning coffee and review my stats every morning.  I get so tired of staring at my tiny phone screen for so many things.    GOOGLE-FITBIT:  I HAVE THE APP! LEAVE MY LAPTOP DASHBOARD ALONE! 

Best Answer

SYLLIEAU - agree totally.  Google-Fitbit are you LISTENING??

Best Answer

I lost a number of Fitbit friends who just stopped using any gadget. The hardy ones not too disgusted with the changes joined me over at Stridekick which lets me create challenges for up to nine people at a time for free. It is also designed to welcome users of a number of fitness gadgets not just Fitbit. All the changes since Google bought Fitbit have been terrible ones from my standpoint of being an early adopter of Fitbit back in 2012. I am still using one because of the long years of information stored up but not happy about it. 

Best Answer

Its been really difficult to log into the dashboard.  I can no longer log in using just my fitbit credentials and am forced to use my Google acct.  Everytime it logs me out (on its own) I have to go through a 3 step process of logging back in (including a screen where it tells me I should use the mobile app but if I like the old dashboard there is a link).  The app is not as user friendly when it comes to manually logging things or correcting food nutrition details.  I have been using Fitbit for over 15 years but now it is getting less and less convenient.   The main reason I stuck with it is because I wanted a slim smartwatch which the luxe has provided.  May go back to no tracker once my luxe dies.

Best Answer

I started using Fitbit in 2016 and have broken at least 3-4 of them till now and am planning to switch to another watch like Apple Watch- but that is expensive for me as I am out of a job.😐 

Many people told me to buy Apple watch- even my physiotherapy nurse. 

Never hear of Stride kick but looks like a good idea! True, the interface with the new Google and Fitbit is bad. Plus I have not lost enough weight as even your hand movement when you cook is counted as a step in Fitbit and Apple Watch is more accurate. 😺

Best Answer
0 Votes

True the interface of Google and Fitbit is bad.

Even I wanted a slim smartwatch telling me the time with no extra frills for further distraction.

I started with plain Fitbit Alta and then upgraded to Fitbit Alta HR for heartbeat info. After that I also started getting scam friend requests. But i did form a group of friends or a team when I did challenges like Weekend warrior etc. That was the best part and it kept me grounded.

Best Answer

true sleep information is not correct most times- it will show I am sleeping during the time I am awake in the day. This feature needs to be corrected in a big way.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you think Google care about fitbit and the users, their changes since they took over speak volumes. They are interested mainly in the market share, technology and pushing their own products while slowly phasing out fitbit and features. Moving to other products is an option for everyone. I dislike the pixel devices so wont be buying an overpriced watch with limited functions.

Their feedback via the forum is non-existant, moderators do reply but the value of those replies are imho a waste of time.

Best Answer

And add the "Meals" tab to the App because I have presets of regular meals I eat, and at the moment, I can only add them to my Food Log on the Dashboard in browser.

Best Answer
0 Votes

when in Log Food - go to the Custom tab and scroll down.  Custom meals should be there, but you can't add or update.

Best Answer
0 Votes