Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit App & Website showing different values despite being synced

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have my Fitbit app open right now, and it's showing my daily Distance goal as 5 miles, and my current active minutes at 40. Looking at the website, however, my dashboard says my daily distance goal is 8.05 miles, and active minutes are 30.

I can tell they're synced because the steps amount, current distance, and calories burned are all the same values in both the app and the website. I don't understand why the distance goals and current active minutes are different, though. Could this be a bug between the app & website?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @RushWinRAR.

Thank you for the information provided.

I've seen similar situations when users create more than one Fitbit account using different email addresses. I would recommend logging out from your Fitbit account from the Fitbit app and from the online Dashboard and log back in using the same email address. Then, set your goals once again.

Whether the above doesn't help, you can try setting up your Fitbit device as a replacement device:

1. Tap the Today tab EdsonFitbit_0-1633642357973.png, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This type of thing has been posted about MANY times - it is a simple conversion issue in the website. You set it as 5 miles on the app and the website converts to kilometres. Asking people to try alternate measures that fail is really not good support - fixing the issue on the website needs to be a priority - there are numerous issues/bugs with it for over a year that havent been addressed. I have just learnt to accept it and ignore the website readout which is sad. I hate to say it but Apple is light years ahead in this type of support.

Best Answer

Honestly, that sounds like a bandaid rather than a real fix. Value conversions seem to be the real problem here, and I highly doubt the ol' "tried turning it off and on again" will prevent the issue from happening again.

I just started a step tracking event, so it's going to be a couple weeks before I can try resetting it. I will give that a try, but in the meantime, I think this would be worth bringing up to the development team.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see no feedback on this issue that has been here for 2+ years I guess all too busy sorting the fixes to reply as there are many needing to be addressed.

Best Answer
0 Votes