Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app for Mac OS?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Mac desktop, OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. The Apple app store does not seem to have the fitbit app for the desktop, only for the iPad and iPhones. In order to load music onto my Versa it advises to download the desktop app, but it isn't present in the app store. Any wisdom?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

It isn't an app as such, it's a piece of software called "fitbit connect" that has to be downloaded and installed

Have a look at the fitbit guide for music download which has instructions on finding it and using it:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2251/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @bilgepirate, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. It's nice to see you too @SteveH, thanks for all your help. Smiley Happy

@bilgepirate, I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for sharing your experience with us. As @SteveH mentioned, for Mac OS, you can download Fitbit Connect from here. Install it and open it in order to set up and sync your device. Note that with Fitbit Connect you can't set up a Versa, Ionic or Charge 3, in which case you will need a mobile device. 

I hope this resolves your inquiry, if there's anything else we can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have tried to use Fitbit Connect on my Mac desktop (running High Sierra 10.13.6). I have downloaded the application and installed it according to the online instructions. Almost every time I try to sync my Charge 2, I get a message at the end of the process saying that an error has occurred and inviting me to try again (which leads to the same error message). Nevertheless, all the new data appears on my dashboard, showing that the sync has been apparently successful. However, every few days the icon for Fitbit Connect disappears from the Mac’s menu bar, and when I try to reopen the application it simply shuts down again. After this, the only way I can get it to work is to uninstall and reinstall the application. Does anyone have a suggestion on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have just bought a Fitbit Inspire. I'm trying to connect it through my Mac Book Pro running on OS 10.14.6 and on my phone Samsung GT-I8200 running on Android 4.2.2. When I try to connect through Fitbit Connect on my computer I cannot find my Inspire listed among the products. When I try to connect over my phone (the app is up to date) it doesn't let me continue after asking me if I'm ready to set up my Inspire and after I clicked on Set up now (it just gets back to the main page where ti says "set up your device").

How can I proceed?

Thank you on beforehand

Best Answer
0 Votes

from your page....Note that with Fitbit Connect you can't set up a Versa, Ionic or Charge 3, in which case you will need a mobile device. 

Will that ever change?  Will my Charge 3 be forever unable to be set up on my Mac Book Pro?  Huge disappointment if so.  Why? comes to mind.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no Charge 3 to choose on the devices page for the configuration process with the fitbit app. So how does one configure the thing ???

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarcoGFitbit, https://www.fitbit.com/setup?platform=mac gives me a 404/page not found error. I'm on Mojave. What gives?

Best Answer

@JayI   I noticed that you posted on several forums over the past two days.  What are you trying to do on your Mac?

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I do not know what your email is all about. Or was it a text? How did you get my address? I do own a FitBit but find it try’s to present way too much information with too many ways to accomplish that task. I have posted on this “forum” on 2 occasions with very little satisfaction. I wish you a pleasant day.
Sent from my M-Phone
Semper Fi & Fairwinds
Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

@rocky-one-four   You got that email because you are subscribed to this thread.  To prevent future notifications, tap on your profile picture in the upper right of this page, then My Subscriptions.  Unsubscribe yourself from this thread.  Should be all you need to do.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

I'm trying to download the desktop app (Fitbit Connect I guess it's called?) and every person and help file points to fitbit.com/setup, which is - so far as it looks like from my computer - not a page that exists. Or is trying to redirect me to a page that doesn't exist, I suppose. I accidentally posted to the Win10 forum because that was the only open topic that came up when I searched, and got sent here instead (I didn't know iOS was meant to include Apple Desktop when I looked at the list of forums, but hopefully I'm in the right place now?) I don't know whether I'm supposed to be going to a different link on a Mac, or whether I should be opening a support ticket, or *how* to open a support ticket (I tried chat but just got a bot).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayI   Where are you located?  Some Canadian users are reporting that they get an error message when trying to download Fitbit Connect.  A moderator suggested changing your location to the US to see if that helps.  I am not following that thread because I am in the US, so I don't know if that is a solution.

I asked about why you want Fitbit Connect, because I am trying to give you advice based on some current issues with Fitbit Connect and Macs.  Fitbit Connect can be problematic if you are running OS Catalina.  Users are reporting a Bluetooth compatibility issue when they try to sync trackers that can sync with Fitbit Connect.  If you are trying to set up or sync an Ionic/Versa series/Charge 3/Charge 4/ Inspire/Inspire HR, Fitbit Connect will not work at all for you.  Everything listed needs a compatible smartphone or tablet. 

Where are you located?

What OS do you use on your Mac?

What tracker/smartwatch do you use?

The bottom line is that if you are running OS Catalina, Fitbit Connect seems to be useful only for transferring music.  If that isn't your goal, then I don't see a reason to download Fitbit Connect.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
I truly appreciate your efforts to assist. The thing is... I am not trying to set up my mac with FitBit. All of a sudden I’m getting many kind offers for assistance with something I’m not familiar with. Thanks again for your concern

Sent from my M-Phone
Semper Fi & Fairwinds
Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeW I'm in Canada, yes. I don't know how to fake my computer being in the states - unless you just mean in my fitbit profile?

I'm running Mojave
I have a Versa 2

Mostly I just want to put my music on my fitbit. Everything else I seem to be able to do from my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JayI   Read through this thread .  The last two posts give the moderator's instructions and the OP's experience.  The Canadian OP has music on her phone.

If you can't get these instructions to work, please contact Support.  You might need a technician's help working around the broken link.

Good luck.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LZeeWThank you, that thread was exactly what I needed. 🙂 I have no idea why it didn't come up when I originally searched for my problem, but it worked.

Best Answer

The link to download the fitbit software  for mac computers is broken and I cannot find the download anywhere online. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

The link provided results in a 404 error. I made my purchase because I thought there would be the necessary downloads and support for mac users. Is this no longer the case? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my new Fitbit Versa with the intention of uploading my own music to use on runs. The setup page is also broken for me. If this isn't fixed, I will be returning the Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes