Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app for Mac OS?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Mac desktop, OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. The Apple app store does not seem to have the fitbit app for the desktop, only for the iPad and iPhones. In order to load music onto my Versa it advises to download the desktop app, but it isn't present in the app store. Any wisdom?

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
34 REPLIES 34

@needhelplease  @rachel2105k   Several users, all in Canada, have described a broken link.  If you aren't in the US, please try the instructions by @LizzyFitbit  and the insights added by @KrzyKatLdy in this thread.   Jump to the bottom of the thread. 

I helped several Mac users recently and I want to add some additional information to help with the process.  They thought that you needed to sync your Versa with your Mac to transfer music.  You don't and you can't.  So ignore the greyed out messages about a sync dongle and syncing.  You use the Manage My Music choice on the Fitbit Connect drop down.

Sign me -- a Mac user who has music on my Versa 2.

Laurie | Maryland
Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi, I want to log food on my Mac desktop. I have a charge 3 and can't figure out how to use fitbit connect with the charge 3 (I already set up the app on my iphone8). I just want to be able to login and enter info on my desktop. 

Thanks!

Best Answer

Hello @robynsomething and welcome to the Help forums.  If you want to log food, you need to go to fitbit.com on your web browser -- Safari, Firefox, whatever you prefer -- and log in.  That'a where you see your web dashboard.  There are several choices near the top -- Dashboard, Log, etc.  Click on Log and you should be on the Food logging page.

Take some time to visit all the pages.  There are some things that look the same as the app view and different from the app view.  There are some things that only exist on the app -- Sleep Score, for example.  I hope this helps.

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer

Why can't I use the Fitbit app with my Mac OS Catalina for my Fitbit Versa 2. Versa 2 does not come up one the list.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Teal2 and welcome to the Help forums.  You can only setup and sync a Versa 2 with a compatible smartphone/tablet.  See https://www.fitbit.com/us/technology/compatible-devices 

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer
Thank you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, the link to Fitbit Connect are broken and it seems impossible to find and download the app. I've a Mac and a Fitbit Bersa and I'd like to transfer some music. How can I do it?

Maria Luisa Romiti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find or download the Fitbit connect app for my Mac computer - does anyone have an upto date link that works?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MarcoGFitbit 
I am a little confused here. On my fitbit app (iOS) it says to connect to use the desktop app to add music to my Versa 2 but the desktop app on Mac doesn't support the Versa. So how to I add music on my Versa 2?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes

* "On my fitbit app (iOS) it says to use the desktop app to add music to my Versa 2 "

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @FloSH and welcome to the Help forum.  You are correct in saying that you can't set up or sync a Versa 2 with Fitbit Connect.  But you still use it to transfer music.  This Help article, How do I listen to music and podcasts on my Fitbit watch? , has a video in the Mac section that shows how this is done.  The video shows an Ionic, but it is exactly the same process for your Versa 2.

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer

that was very helpful

Best Answer

Where do I find "Fitbit Connect" so I can download it to my Desktop MacBook-Air 2019,  Thanks Steve

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner   I can see from your profile that you are a very new user and you also posted in the Charge 5 forum.  Your Charge 5 isn't compatible with Fitbit Connect.  You can't sync your Fitbit with your Mac.  Why do you think you need Fitbit Connect?

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer

@caraton   Fitbit's newer trackers aren't compatible with Fitbit Connect.  Why do you think you need Fitbit Connect?

Laurie | Maryland

Best Answer