Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge syncing issue

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I guess I'll be deactivating my account soon as my Charge will no longer sync. It is falling apart but since I bought it through Zuliy, Fitbit will not replace it because it is not under their warranty and Zulily is not an authorized retailer. It then quit syncing with my Android so I had to carry the Fitbit dongle with me everywhere when I wanted to update my steps. Now it appears that it no longer wants to sync with the dongle? So, since I can't upload my activity data, I see no reason to keep the account. I'm really disappointed as I was really happy with my Fitbit.

Now, I think I'll look into Garmin trackers...

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey @aliciab1167.

Indeed the LG Vista is not a supported device. For unsupported devices, they might have the proper hardware to work correctly but the app is not fully optimized to function with the phone itself. Because of that, some app updates may cause the phone to stop working with the app, which seems like what happened in your case. 

Do you have a computer or another mobile device that you could use?

Look forward to your reply. 

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Before you go it might be worth trying a quick restart of your fitbit using this procedure:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186/

It's the most likely fix to syncing problems and may get your fitbit working long enough for you to research and buy your Garmin

Best Answer

I have tried the trouble shooting steps several times. They worked at first but even they don't work anymore. But thanks for your suggestion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @aliciab1167! Hello @SteveH.

Thanks for trying the steps suggested by the help site. This must be quite frustrating. I'd like to take a closer look and better understand the issue. Are you getting any sort of error message when you try to sync? Or did you try to sync with any other mobile device besides the one you mentioned and a computer?

Look forward to your reply so that we can better determine the issue.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer

Well, when I try to sync with the app, my Android doesn't detect it. The sync symbol spins but none of my dashboard information is updated. If the dongle is plugged in, then the fitbit will sync with it and then the app is updated by the online account, which is a lot of hassle as I would have to constantly be on a computer somewhere in order for it to update.

Also, the band is almost completely unattached from the device and I just bought this in February. As I said before, I bought it through Zulily and have already been told that your company wouldn't replace it so I will probably go with a different brand. This is all very frustrating but I thank you for trying to resolve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just noticed that there is a software update available via the app but it still can't detect my fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @aliciab1167.

Thanks for sharing those details. What is the mobile that you are currently using? Is it currently a supported device? If it isn't a supported device, that would explain why it is not being located by the phone. Unsupported devices haven't been fully optimized and thus they can present issues like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an LG Vista, which wasn't on that supported device list, which is weird because it was working fine up til a few months ago...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @aliciab1167.

Indeed the LG Vista is not a supported device. For unsupported devices, they might have the proper hardware to work correctly but the app is not fully optimized to function with the phone itself. Because of that, some app updates may cause the phone to stop working with the app, which seems like what happened in your case. 

Do you have a computer or another mobile device that you could use?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have a desktop computer and Kindle Fire and Insignia Tablets. The app doesn't automatically update on the tablets either and I only use my computer maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks.

From your explanation, I would have to buy a new phone if I wanted to use the app and considering that mine is falling apart anyway, I would also have to buy a new Fitbit.

I'm not in the market for a new phone right now and I'm kind of wary of buying another Fitbit, as I've had the current one for less than a year. I appreciate you trying to find a solution to my issue, though, so thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @aliciab1167.

Absolutely understand where you are coming from. If you do change devices and would like to get into Fitbit once again, you can always check the compatibility list. 

If you have any further questions or need any assistance do not hesitate to let me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes