Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Connect is not compatible with MAC Catalina

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

MAC

I have upgraded to MAC Catalina 10.15 and although the FitBit Connect app is installed it does not see Bluetooth. A message "Turn On Bluetooth to sync your trackers" comes up, however Bluetooth is connected and active. Synced/Updated on my iPad but the updated information does not appear on my MAC Fitbit Dashboard 

Best Answer
100 REPLIES 100

I have been syncing my Charge 2 using (2) different Macs in the past months:

1) 2012 Mac Pro running Sierra w/USB dongle installed (this has been my main method, but I 'usually" have to also take off the Fitbit and connect it with the charging cable in a second USB port for the app to perform the sync)

2) 2015 MacBook Pro running Mojave (hit and miss - sometimes it would sync, usually not).

After upgrading my MacBook Pro to Catalina I started seeing an exclamation mark next to the Fitbit Icon in the menu bar. and "Sync Now" was dimmed out. Turning off Bluetooth and then back on from the menu bar would remove the exclamation mark and I could then select "Sync Now"; however, the syncing would fail.

Tonight I went a step further and opened the General Settings>Bluetooth AFTER turning Bluetooth off then on from the main menu and the Fitbit showed up in the Bluetooth list of devices. I then closed the Bluetooth window and for the first time was able to successfully sync to Fitbit?

I won't know until tomorrow if this will wok twice. 

Best Answer

Hi @Choreo, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and sharing your experience and solution. I hope you continue enjoying your device without any issues, thank you for your time and efforts. 

Feel free to explore the discussions forums to Share Your Story, Get Fitter, Find Fitbit Friends, Sharing Recipes and much more.

If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same problem with syncing my fitbit One.  The best work around that I have found so far (for the app to "locate" my fitbit), is that when the fitbit is plugged into the USB for charging it is much more reliably found by the sync app.  However, this still does not fix the "Turn on Bluetooth" part of the problem.  For that, I keep a wired mouse plugged in so that I can turn off the Bluetooth and then turn it back on to get past that part of this mess.

Best Answer

I was finally able to sync by:

1. Deleting Fitbit Connect from my Mac, then re-installing.

2. Turn Bluetooth off and on.

3. Clicking "Sync Now" on the dropdown Fitbit Connect menu at the top right of screen.

4. Fitbit Connect window opens, logo does its animation thing, then changes to a window that says "More Than One Tracker Found" (I have only one tracker), prompting me to sign in to Connect. After this, Fitbit One finally syncs.

Any time I want to sync, I have to repeat steps 2-4. Connect will ask me to sign in, even though I'm signed in to Fitbit.com already. I cannot sync from Fitbit.com.

These are quite a lot of steps that are not being added to my daily step count, and not helping with the weight I want to lose.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @SciGuy11. Thank you for your reply, @Matcherbeck

Thank you for sharing your workarounds in order to sync your devices. I really appreciate your efforts and your time. I am sure this information will be helpful to other users experiencing the same difficulty. I appreciate your time and feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Having the same issue with Catalina. My Charge 3 syncs fine with iPhone on IOS 13. The problem persists only with Catalina. Written on 2019.11.13

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @skiptrip.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I appreciate the information that you're able to sync your tracker with iPhone on iOS 13. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on the Community posts in order to improve the Fitbit experience.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer

I also have not been able to sync after upgrading to Catalina. I've tried the suggested troubleshooting, but nothing works. This problem is not "Solved". Please advise next steps.

Best Answer

Come on, Fitbit. The device should be able to sync when it's close to the computer and I'm signed on to the website, like it used to. These workarounds are like pushing in a lot of secret buttons, The Fitbit Codes, to achieve what was once an automatic result.

The Fitbit Codes are annoying.

I'm also annoying, but that doesn't cancel out this silly inconvenience.

Best Answer

When is the ETA for a Catalina compatible Connect to be released?

Best Answer

I didn't realize until a week ago that Fitbit no longer makes Fitbit One, or at least, I can't find it. If it's no longer offered, I sincerely doubt they will even bother fixing this Catalina issue.

In fact, I couldn't find a similar tracker in their catalogue, one that goes in a pocket or clips on a belt. All I see is bracelet devices.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not Solved:   My Imac with Catalina shows the fitbit dots with an exclamation mark to its right and indicates Bluetooth trouble which of course is FALSE.  Called at 12:20 pm recently and by 30 min. later I was told I'm the only one with this problem, the Fitbit software for Macs hasn't been updated in a couple years and that my first report of this problem (that started with Catalina) would be escalated.  I was told to start using my Iphone . . .  I refuse to look at 5 hour heart rate activity graphs on my Iphone.  I have a Charge2 and getting it to sink been iffy, meaning its wastes my time a lot, for two or so years.

Best Answer

Catalina itself is so buggy. Would advise anyone to hold off upgrading to it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

MacOS 10.15.2 aka Catalina works fine for me. But indeed not for FitBit Connect.

Best Answer

@LiliyaFitbit - I just received the gift of Inspire for Christmas and find that Fitbit Connect will not see my Inspire though the Inspire is attached to my Mac 10.15 via USB dongle.  I have perused this thread and see that many people complain of their Mac Catalinas being unsupported with Fitbit Connect.

Nowhere on the Inspire packaging is there an indication of no compatibility with my Mac using Fitbit Connect.

When will Fitbit support Mac Catalina for Fitbit Connect and Inspire?

You may be providing feedback to your team, etc., but could you provide feedback to the thread here with a projected go-live for Mac Catalina support for Fitbit Connect and all the Fitbit products?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Catalina works fine for me except for synching my Zip.  I finally broke down and purchased a cheap wired mouse for my iMac and, after more than a month, was finally able to synch my Zip by turning Bluetooth off and then back on.  Not a fix but, hopefully, a temporary patch until Fitbit can get their act together on Catalina.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That sounds like a big improvement, but I didn’t read exactly what it was that you did to allow syncing without turning the bluetooth off and back on. Could you expand on what you have discovered?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello SciGuy11,
I turned off Bluetooth and then turn it back on. When I did this the
exclamation mark over the Fitbit Connect diamond on my menu bar
disappeared, allowing me to manually "Sync Now" via the dropdown menu.

This worked on my first try when nothing worked in the past.
Unfortunately, I can not get it to work a second time, even after
restarting the computer.

Sorry.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem but with my blaze.  it will not sync with my desktop iMac.It keeps saying turn bluetooth on go to preferences.  when I do the blaze in not listed only my magic mouse and keyboard.  I have tried all the troubleshooting mentioned.  Finally called fitbit live chat.  After a long chat online the technician said to purchase their dongle, which I did and paid $20 after shipping (it was a refurbished one) . it looks exactly like one I have.  After plugging it it nothing happened.  I'm still being told to turn on my blue tooth.  wasted time and $20!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have not been able to sync after upgrading to Catalina. I've tried the suggested troubleshooting, but nothing works. This problem is not "Solved". Please advise next steps....very frustrating.

Best Answer