Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Premium link removed after 7 day free trial

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.

I used the Premium Free trial for 7 days. However after the seven days elapsed, the link to it,  is no longer showing on the Dashboard. I wanted to sign up and pay for a yearly subscription, but without the link, how do I now do this?

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Well after a few e-mails back and forth, I was informed that they're not accepting new subscriptions to Fitbit Premium as it is being replaced with Fitbit Coach:

https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-premium

Apparently, Fitbit Coach offers dynamic, adaptive workouts to reach your health and fitness goals - to me that sounds the same as FitStar... 

Fitbit Coach will be coming Fall this year.

However, they then gave me a 6 month free subscription to the current Fitbit Premium!! So, at least my Premium is back up and running, but is hard to tell if Fitbit Coach will provide the same info as the current Fitbit Premium. 

Bev
Versa (Coming Soon), Charge 2, Flex 2, Aria - Android
Retired: Surge, Charge, One, Ultra

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

@parcelpacker  If you look in the upper right of your screen, you will see a gear shaped icon.  Click on that, then click on Settings.  One of the choices running down the left is Premium.  You should be able to sign up there.  I used to be a Premium user -- when I go to my page, I can renew it.

BUT, and I put that "but" big and bold, because I think you should wait a little bit before signing up.  Your post made me look closely and I noticed that the link is gone.  This might mean that Fitbit is planning on dropping this feature.  I will reach out to others on the Community Council and a moderator and see what I can find out.  I will get back to you.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for your response.  I see there was a chat option and contacted them through that. There was no explanation for the missing link, but I was given a URL from which  to sign up from. When I tried the address options for the card payment were only available for US and Canada customers , which I'm not..  I got back on chat and was told there was a bug in the payments system. I was given three months free access and the link is now back on my Dashboard, which is welcome.

Lets hope this problem  - whatever it is - is short lived.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@parcelpacker  I'm glad that you were able to get help through chat.  No one from the Community Council was aware of any plan to drop the program. But several also commented on the disappearing link, but only because I pointed it out.

Just to let you know-- because this confuses a lot of users.  For the first 12 weeks, when you try to get the expanded pages, you get sent back to your dashboard.  You don't get to the expanded pages until you have completed your first 12 week program.

I was a premium user for a few years.  I let it lapse when I couldn't get the system to take my payment -- and that was in January!  Also, the premium tile is only available on the web dashboard, not the app. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

@parcelpacker  An update from a moderator.  The link was removed from users who don't have a current paid membership because Fitbit is coming out with an improved Premium membership service.  No release date on it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting - that might explain why I am getting an error screen when I try to access the Premium area.

My Premium membership expired last week and I only realised over the weekend that it hadn't automatically renewed - even though it was set to auto-renew.

So thought I would renew it, and everytime I try to access the premium area from my user profile I get an error page.

Don't want to lose my stats as I was just in the middle of a 12 week session, and it was going great!!!

Bev
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LovesterUK  You should try contacting Support via chat.  The OP got 12 weeks free.  Maybe they will give you the same deal.  Worth a try!

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer

Have contacted them, and just waiting to see what they say. Had to send a screenshot of the error message, so awaiting the reply to that.

Bev
Best Answer
0 Votes

Well after a few e-mails back and forth, I was informed that they're not accepting new subscriptions to Fitbit Premium as it is being replaced with Fitbit Coach:

https://www.fitbit.com/fitbit-premium

Apparently, Fitbit Coach offers dynamic, adaptive workouts to reach your health and fitness goals - to me that sounds the same as FitStar... 

Fitbit Coach will be coming Fall this year.

However, they then gave me a 6 month free subscription to the current Fitbit Premium!! So, at least my Premium is back up and running, but is hard to tell if Fitbit Coach will provide the same info as the current Fitbit Premium. 

Bev
Best Answer
0 Votes