Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weight log inconsistent recording tenths

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

On the dashboard, I manually entered my weight with .1 which logged properly. The next log was .8 which was also correct. Today I entered .7 and it showed up as .6. I tried three times to get it to take a .7 but it always showed up as .6.

It seems to me if it was a rounding issue, it would not have logged the first number as .1 but maybe .0 or .2.

Why is that?

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for pointing this out @itsybitsy0131! My apologies for the typo there. Smiley Sad

Nevertheless, the previously mentioned workaround also applies for daily weight logging and goal weight logging since the glitch has been found in both cases. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome to the forums @itsybitsy0131Sorry to hear about the difficulties you have experienced when trying to change your weight goal. I passed this issue to the engineering team for investigation. Thank you for reporting this incident. I just found out that it decreases 0.01 every time you click the Save button. While this situation gets resolved, you can set your goal as .8. It will change to .7 once you save it.

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy stepping Smiley Happy

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  To clarify, this is the daily log, not the goal weight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for pointing this out @itsybitsy0131! My apologies for the typo there. Smiley Sad

Nevertheless, the previously mentioned workaround also applies for daily weight logging and goal weight logging since the glitch has been found in both cases. 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Best Answer

Could you give an estimated timeframe when this issue will be addressed?  I'm still showing a decrease of .1 tenths when I log weight.  I am using the workaround solution until the glitch is fixed.

Thanks much!!

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @SunsetRunner!  Thank you for using the aforementioned workaround to get your weight loss accurately reported, I know it can be cumbersome but I'll let you know the moment when this situation has been corrected. I'll keep you posted! Smiley Happy

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy stepping Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I have no idea how to change the weight you show on my weekly stats to my (now) correct weight. I am down from 185 to 171.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @MargeryE! I'll be glad to help you on this. 

In order to log your weigh you can go to your Dashboard's weight log > Scroll down the page > Enter your weight manually on the weight field > Click on the "Log" button.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost 2.2 lbs. and when i logged it it was only showing me that i lost 0.6 which makes no sense to me. why is it doing this. it is very frustrating. it should show the correct weight loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well for the passed few days my Aria scale which transmits to the Dashboard is off upwards by  .1 pounds?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Spoiler
I have lost in total 1 stone and 1lb however when i added my 2lb weight loss this week on the dashboard manually it is only showing as 1.09lb so total 1 stone .09lb why is this i cant make it correct .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you around! Robot Happy

Regarding your weight loss @skinnylizzie68 congrats, keep up with the hard work! If you want to see the correct number on your Dashboard, would be great if you can try the steps that @HelenaFitbit mentioned above. I'm sure this will work for you.

Why don't you try to check the difference between your weekly information or the overall option too, take a look of this picture:

Capture 1.PNG

In your case @debs-05, welcome I'm glad to see you on board!  Let me give you a hand, on how to get the correct number of pounds when you're logging your weight, we're still checking this bug in the Dashboard,  so you can follow the suggestion already mentioned too in the meantime.

I'll be around let me know how it works! Woman Happy

PS: Please note that I've moved this tread to a differen topic to proper handling.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It looks like this is still an issue, but in an inconsistent way. I just tried to log my weight (in kg) and body fat %. The weight I entered ended with .8, and fat ended with .6. But when I saved, the record showed weight with .7 and fat with .5. So I tried the workaround suggested, entering .9 and .7, but those showed up exactly as entered and didn't bump down .1.

I've tried a few times and the same thing happens - .8 and .6 bump down to .7 and .5, but .9 and .7 don't and are recorded as entered.

Best Answer
0 Votes