Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit account vanished and not recoverable

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Backstory:

Day 0

App and device no longer sync on our PREMIUM account.

Out of the blue, out of nowhere. No changes or app updates or iOS updates, or anything else. We try to do the usual tech troubleshooting, to no avail.

Day 1

- I call Fitbit support, and they ask to do the usual "reset your password" and "turn it off and on again" despite explaining we've already tried.

Day 4
- My partner calls, explaining the issue again. Support member is stumped. They tried to send a password reset email, and the email never gets sent. We made SURE it wasn't in JUNK or SPAM (it was not). Said they would escalate it. No response. 

Day 9
- My partner calls back again. Same attempt. Same information given, same support provided. Not resolved. Said they would reach back out in 24 to 48 hours. No follow up.

Day 15
- Explain the full situation again. Support person is ridiculously rude on the phone and is "waiting out" the call for us to hang up so he doesn't have to deal with this. Horrific customer service experience. Said someone would follow up

Day 19
- The support person tries to get us to log in AGAIN and when we do, the page bumps us back to the fitbit.com root page, with no explanation. Issue was escalated.

Day 22

- We have to call AGAIN. At this stage, it's become a joke. Said AGAIN that they would reach out to us to fix this.

Day 25

- Finally we get an email saying to "create a brand new account" and that everything is gone. Unbelievable.

ALL the years of data is just lost???

This is personal health information.

And it took over 3 weeks for someone to figure this out? And the experience around all of this has been worse that a 1990's DMV. 

I know that data doesn't just disappear. There's absolutely a record somewhere of this account and I just need someone to look it up, and restore it to a most recent backup.

This is my last attempt at resolving this issue. Please hear my frustrations.

Thank you in advance.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject, formatting and personal info removed

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Finally, resolved. Thank you.

Best Answer

Hi there, @jrirl.

Thanks for the detailed information, and your efforts while contacting our Support team. I understand where you were coming from and I apologize for this experience. Every feedback shared in the forums helps us to evaluate our procedures and improve the Fitbit experience, and yours is truly appreciated.

I'm glad you were able to sort this out and if you need anything else, don't hesitate to let me know. Happy stepping! 😊

Best Answer