Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and recovery from surgery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How has you fitbit been helpful during your recovery from a surgery.???

I had my hips replaced 8 weeks apart, first the left then the right. My fitbit was something I could measure progress and that helped a lot as I was housebound for a number of weeks.  uugggg.  Glad I did the surgery I feel so much better now and I am 90 % recovered. Having my fitbit show e how many steps I did that day has been great.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Sunnylane  You won't know yourself when you are fully mobile.. I became interested in RHR because I had one hip replaced nearly 4 years ago and I hadn't long had my Surge.. It took a few weeks for my RHR to come back to normal.. Longer than I expected..

How was your RHR through the recovery period ?

My surgeon complained that I was doing to much after the operation and he blamed his clients with the Fitness watches were to active...

@Sunnylane wrote:

I had my hips replaced 8 weeks apart, first the left then the right. My fitbit was something I could measure progress and that helped a lot as I was housebound for a number of weeks.  uugggg.  Glad I did the surgery I feel so much better now and I am 90 % recovered. Having my fitbit show e how many steps I did that day has been great.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

@Sunnylane  You won't know yourself when you are fully mobile.. I became interested in RHR because I had one hip replaced nearly 4 years ago and I hadn't long had my Surge.. It took a few weeks for my RHR to come back to normal.. Longer than I expected..

How was your RHR through the recovery period ?

My surgeon complained that I was doing to much after the operation and he blamed his clients with the Fitness watches were to active...

@Sunnylane wrote:

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer

Hi Colin,   well just the fact that I havent responded in over two years should tell you I have been very busy.  My recovery really wasnt complete for 6 months however that didnt stop me from getting back involved in my town and community.  There are little twinges I get in my hip that was the worst, but it passes quickly when I stop what ever it was that I was doing.   All in All  everything is good for me.   How are you doing  ??

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi again, time definitely flies..

It's a lovely feeling when we get on top of these issues Now approaching 7 years since my left hip was replaced, no issues.. Other aging issues, but Fitbit helps me monitor those.

I'm convinced being an early adoptee of Fitbit has helped and in September it will be 11 years since my first Fitbit Tracker..

But still enjoying the Fitbit Premium and my GP who is in his fifties frowns on his clients asking him to interpret some of the Health stats.. Keeps him on his toes..

My 4th Vax next week so you keep safe and well.. Colin

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XA2 on the Telstra™ Mobile network
Best Answer

Hi Colin    I am glad to  see your still active. It is almost 3 yrs since both of my hip replacements. I feel great and I am very active, mostly with community organizations.   I am sorry to see Australia having so much COVID that necessitates a 4th Vax.  I have had  2 and then a booster. And I am definitely done wearing a mask.  I am in Houston, Texas   Stay well my friend and keep walking,  Oh tell your GP to get a Fitbit and he will be surprised how many steps he gets.

Sunnylane

Best Answer
0 Votes