Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food Log not syncing between Browser and App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use my laptop (Chrome browser) and the phone app to log food.  I noticed within the last week that the food I log on my laptop won't show up in the app and if I log in the app it doesn't show up on the laptop.  I have tried everything, deleting the cache, uninstalling and the re-installing the app, trying a different browser.  Nothing has worked.  

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

This problem is happening for me as well.  I have an Android phone.  I am able to log food in the app, but it isn't syncing to the online dashboard or showing up on the food tile within the app.

Best Answer

Happening for me, but slightly different. If I enter food in the app, the website doesn't see it (nor do the graphs in the app). If I enter food in the website (which I usually don't do), the app does see it.

Best Answer

Another note: The app bug where it repeatedly resets the food quantity as you try to edit it - which had been happening intermittently since I bought my FitBit - hasn't happened in the past few days. Maybe the fix for that somehow broke sync? Or maybe sync contributes to that bug, and with sync broken, we get a break from the frustration?

Best Answer

Yes same issues.

Best Answer

I enter food items into my Android app, and they appear in the food list, but not in the overall calorie input.  Moreover, they do not appear in the Windows 10 app or when I access Fitbit via browser from Windows 10.  I noticed yesterday that entering a new custom food also had problems with setting the units, e.g. grams or portions.  I would set it, and it would default to something else.  The constellation of problems appeared yesterday early in the afternoon, if that helps at all.  Heart rate, calories out, steps, etc. all sync normally, so I do not think it is a connection problem.

Best Answer

A new thread with similar problems started two days ago and there a pointer to a much older issue is given where they talk about a bug in the Android app still to be fixed...

Charge HR (seit 01/2015), zuvor Flex (seit 08/2014), S4 mini
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted the customer service this is what they had me do, and it
worked. I had already updated the app and my phone. I had to go in and
clear the cache for the app, then force stop the app, log out of the app,
restart my phone and then log back in. I was able to log calories after
that and the calories would sync.
Best Answer

Just uninstalled and reinstalled per customer service.  Lost two days of entries on food and calorie.  They told me I would not lose information as it is stored on their system.  Seems like they have a problem on their end.  Having issues with food log also for the past week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been having this problem also. I did the clear cache log out restart dance and lost about a week of entries because they had not synced to fitbit's servers. Calories in looked weird in the app also depending on where you looked at them. You could see that I had logged around 2500 calories but some places would only show a few hundred. The app did start working ok after that but now it has started again. All other activity seems to be synced up correctly.

Best Answer
Sounds like problem is on their website. After reinstall and losing 3 days,
looks like it is working for now. May not last. Will try phone call next
time, bet hold time for service will be long.
Best Answer

Unfortunately this did not work for me and I've lost all food entries inserted through the app for the past 7 days 😞

Best Answer

Apparently fixed in the latest update, but they also dropped support for Android 9.  I suppose I should jailbreak it... hardware is capable, but it's the usual scam where the carrier pushes for new phone purchases by not upgrading.  In the meantime, can anyone recommend a calorie-counting app for a three-year-old phone?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure about the latest update but I needed to uninstall and reinstall the app a couple of days ago. It's been working ok since then.

Best Answer
0 Votes

When my Fitbit app stopped logging calories on my Android phone, I did the recommended "uninstall, restart, and re-install" dance. While the app has started to log calories again, my Fitbit website and Fitbit app are now de-synced. All the meals that I had added to the Fitbit website have disappeared. I can go through the tedious task of adding them in all over again but the thing is that the foods that disappeared from the FitBit website are still appearing on my FitBit app. Unfortunately, the app does not allow me to delete the meals from the app itself. Further, because they do not appear in the Meals section of the FitBit website anymore, I cannot edit them either. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This started happening again yesterday and i had to uninstall/reinstall to fix it. What triggered it was adding a custom food and logging for lunch. It didn't sync back to fitbit and neither did anything I logged after that.  I think this is also what triggered it last time

Best Answer
0 Votes