Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app on WIN11 PC has restarted logging me out almost every morning, saying "interrupted"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Even though I tick "Keep me logged in" when I log in, the fitbit app for my Charge2, on a WIN11 PC viewed in Chrome is once again logging me out most days. Its done this before, for months, then stopped. But now it's restarted.

It's a very annoying waste of time.

Can you please advise likely cause/correction.

Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

There can be several reasons why the "keep me logged in" function does not work as it should. A possible reason could be that your browser deletes cookies when you close it. If this is the case, you will have to log in again every time you open the browser. You can change this under "settings" in Chrome.

You can also try to delete cookies for fitbit.com. You also do that under settings in Chrome. Cookies will be added the next time you log in.

Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Thanks LokeAa,

I've deleted all Fitbit cookies - only about 34 of them across 4 diffierent Fitbit aspects of the site.

Accepted Strictly Necessary ones while logging back in.

Will let you know how it goes. 

NEXT DAY: OK so far. But yesterday was a Sunday and I don't always get logged out over a weekend. I'll let you know if I do get logged out again. 

2nd DAY AFTER - still working - hopefully LokeAa's answer will turn out to be permanent - If it lasts the week I will "Choose [LokeAa's] as the Best Answer".

3rd Day AFTER - Logged out of the dashboard on my PC again, though not initially from the Community. It might be the result of a WIN11 update, so I'll continue to watch for daily logouts "explained" as "due to interruption." However, I do usually Hibernate my PC overnight (= interrution), but no other site/application logs me out except the ones I choose to log off from, neither did the FitBit app till it started doing it again, recently (I've had this same problem in the past, for previous long periods, with no apparent action on my part resolving it then). 

4th DAY AFTER - Logged out of the dashboard on my PC again...

10th DAY AFTER - Most days I'm still having to log in again even though I always tick the Keep me Logged in box, and often don't close the browser for a few days. I do hibernate the PC most nights, However, my Kindle Fire version of the FB app has only been logged out when I changed the FB password on the PC, and stays open when I reboot the Kindle Fire...

I think I'll try to see if I can get some help from FitBit's tech guys, if I can reach them.

Best Answer

UPDATE Discussion 21 June 2023  on Chat with Fitbit Support "Manuel":re Charge2

"...the Fitbit app for computers was discontinued, so this issue should be caused for this, actually is really unusual that you still have it"

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LokeAa: Are you using your Charge3 on a PC? (Windows?)

As my answer above [corrected from "below"] indicates, FB Support says thay discontinued the computer app - I assumed he meant for Charge2, not Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes