Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit.com Dashboard has gone Hal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The online Dashboard has gone bonkers on my Windows 11 HP Desktop running Brave Browser.

1 My weight is showin as  0.1 lbs for all time.

2 The exercise walk is showing distance as miles but the distance is actually in km. This happens when I drill down into the latest exercise, walk in this case. 

Hiker742_0-1661367040143.png

This walk was actually 1.56 miles. Note 2 different distances above, 2.5 miles and 2.5 KM.

What's up with the dashboard on Brave browsers?

PS, I have already restarted, rebooted, hard shutdown/restart/cleared cache, cleared cookies, etc. I'm not the only one asking about these issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Another user and I discovered two other things.  One, the issues do not occur on Firefox, and two, the issues do not occur on Brave if the shield is disabled for the dashboard site.  I notified Brave, and I'm sure they will get to work on it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

This is affecting me, too.  I thought it was only for the weight records, but since you mentioned distance, I checked my records for walks as well, and I found the same thing you did -- that it's recording in kilometers.

The weight records have only recently (today, for me) starting displaying 0.1 lbs. and no goal, but the distance records have been displaying in kilometers (I live in the United States and do not use, and will never use, metric measurements) for quite some time.  I noticed they were displaying inaccurately, so I got in my car and drove the same route I had just walked in order to get the correct distance in miles. 

I have used my car's odometer to map the miles on all the walks I normally take.  Now, I ignore Fitbit's distance data and simply look at minutes of walking.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Additional information:  

I also use the Brave browser.  After reading your comment on another post, I opened up Edge (which I prefer not to use because Microsoft has a history of not handling my information honestly) and found that the Fitbit dashboard correctly displays all weight data.

The second problem mentioned -- that walk distances are displaying in kilometers instead of miles, even when my preferences are set to miles and my location is set to the United States -- is also solved in Edge. 

I didn't try Firefox, but someone mentioned that as Firefox is not Chromium-based, it is apparently not affected.

It would be nice if Fitbit would fix the dashboard so it will work with other Chromium-based browsers, not just Edge; meanwhile, with reluctance, I can use Edge ONLY to work with the Fitbit dashboard for now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the replies. These two issues are only happening on the Fitbit Dashboard with Brave Browser. The fitness tracker/watch and Android are correct as far as I can tell. There is a Fitbit Windows app that also seems to be working correctly/accurately, so I guess I am going to use that and avoid the Dashboard for now.

I'm starting to wish I had gone with the Samsung watch/fitness tracker.

PS, I agree re Edge. I only use it when absolutely the only way to get at something. You might want to check out the Fitbit Windows app, if you are on Windows that is. I assume that to be the case since you mentioned Edge.. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another user and I discovered two other things.  One, the issues do not occur on Firefox, and two, the issues do not occur on Brave if the shield is disabled for the dashboard site.  I notified Brave, and I'm sure they will get to work on it.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update. Same for me, disabling shields seems to fix both the weight and distance (kms vs miles) issues. I notified Brave also

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes