Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit just for kids

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think Fitbit is missing the boat by not creating a Fitbit just for kids. The fact that you have to be 13 be able to see what your Fitbit is doing as a kid is as a load of crap. I guess I'll be buying Garmin kid Fitbit because there's does everything it's waterproof and they can see what they're doing they don't have to have an account.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Dschultz. If you carefully read Fitbit's new T&C, you will find that it is now ok for underage kids to have their own Fitbit accounts if their parents agree. I know ... who actually reads those long statements. 😉 But in this case, it addresses your suggestion. 

Old terms: "You may use the Fitbit Service if you are over 13 years of age"

New terms: "Persons under the age of 13, or the equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to access or use the Fitbit Service unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law"

Best Answer

Aloha my friends @Dschultz and @SunsetRunner, it's a pleasure to see you both here! Heart

@Dschultz welcome to the Fitbit forums, I've moved your post to Fitbit.com Dashboard since this is more related to the account policies. As my friend @SunsetRunner mentioned, this process have changed and now the kids are able to have an account if they have the permission of their parents, you can find all the information about this in the Terms of service. If at any time you have any suggestion for our products and services, I'd like to suggest posting it in the Feature Suggestions board.

@SunsetRunner thank you for the awesome help provided here!

Hope to see you around! Cat Wink

Marlen S. | Community Moderator

What's for breakfast?Check others recipes and share yours!

Best Answer
0 Votes